The better regulator to buy, Huma or Lane

Tom,

I have an equal number of Lane and Huma regulators. I've had great success with both, it's hard to pick one over the other. Both are very easily serviced by a competent shooter, or airgunsmith. I am not an airgunsmith by any means, but I service most of my competitive rigs on my own. I would lean towards a Huma, only due to the fact that Thomas (Mike Nitsch) uses Huma regulators in both his Benchrest and Field Target models. That's enough for me, as his guns are among the best in the world, if not THE best.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

After listening my first choice is Lane but like mentioned above they seem to be shut down on line. Huma seems to be an overseas only order also. Does any dealer in the US sell these regulators?

Tom

Ive ordered many things from Huma overseas and they have faster shipping to get from there to my door than just about anyplace all ready in the US it is usually 2 to 3 days for there shipping in my experience 

Tom,

I have an equal number of Lane and Huma regulators. I've had great success with both, it's hard to pick one over the other. Both are very easily serviced by a competent shooter, or airgunsmith. I am not an airgunsmith by any means, but I service most of my competitive rigs on my own. I would lean towards a Huma, only due to the fact that Thomas (Mike Nitsch) uses Huma regulators in both his Benchrest and Field Target models. That's enough for me, as his guns are among the best in the world, if not THE best.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Had no idea Mike used Huma regs in his guns. Good to know. 

I've been happy with Huma but have always heard great things about Lane also.

Just to add.

I like Lane regulators and have used Lane in Marauder and latest in my Kral Puncher Mega.

The Lane in the Marauder was spot on and installation and manual was the best.

In my Crown Mk.1 I installed a Huma gen.3 reg. and I started with issues of reg creep - got new teller disc springs and then it was good.

I also installed a Huma in my Artemis M16 and it works flawlessly. no issues at all.

My Kral puncher is not in use since the system I got from Lane was including a delrin bush to install in the valve has caused leaks.

The bush is fixed and is sealing with two O-rings. When installed and after it has been pressurised the Delrin bush expands and it is impossible to take it out to renew the Oring.

I got two new delrin bushes - but the problem comes back. 

I shoot the rifle and everything works fine I leave it in storage at 200 bar and after a week the pressure is of.

When i take the valve house apart where the delrin spacer is installed the O-ring is blown inwards.

I of course addressed this to Robert Lane but unfortunate his wife is seriously ill and he shut down the business temporary.

I fully understand his situation but still I havent been able to use the rifle for close to one year now.

I could buy a Huma to solve my problem - they have another design that would solve the problem.

So my advice for now is buy a Huma - if you get problems they are not a one man army - another colleague will help you.

But Lanes reg. they work fine keep the pressure well.

I am also sure that once Robbert is back, he will help me to get my problem fixed

Claus from Denmark 

Your advice was well taken so I went to buy one for my Cayden. Not so fast! Uhhh, it seems you can’t. The lane regulator I had put in my cart for #78 British a week ago now at checkout comes up for #95 British. OK, my loss, so I hit buy it now anyway. Nope, can’t do that either as the seller seems to have posted that he will be ‘away’ until June 4th but I would have thought that the website would at least remain functional. So I’ll forget Lane and buy a Huma instead, but go figure, I can’t make that work either, at least for less than a greatly inflated price. At this point all I want is a regulator for my Cayden without having to chase down a retailer throwing money at them to get their attention.

Question now is; “If you wanted to buy a reg for a Cayden rifle what would you do?”

Thanks,

Tom

I'm still sticking with my original recommendation call/contact audrius . The 1st drop in reg sold in the U.S. excellent QC. I know of 6 of them that have had zero issue -no creep no leak & tight spread- in 10 years use.

IF you know the dia. of your tube he can likely hook you up asap. Yes ship from over seas but very fast.

Maybe try the much improved search feature for "audrius regulator" and you get 5 pages on them. It is a know product just not the latest fashion statement.

John