• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi The Avenger/Seneca Aspen Magazines Have Changed - Do they feed more consistently?

I picked up a couple extra magazines for my 22cal Avenger when I was at Utah Airguns in Utah last month. I am home now, and took them apart to modify them so that they feed more consistently as outlined in this procedure. I noticed that the base of the magazine is a lot different, but I modified them anyway. Here is a picture of the old one on the left and the newer one on the right:
20230915_102600.jpg

You can see that there is a new "spoke shaped" extrusion in the center of the assembly to keep the spring more centered. I wonder if this helps the feeding issue? I went ahead and modified the magazines anyway because the spring was facing the same direction and looked to be the same gauge wire, so I didn't expect this change to affect it getting stuck.

I don't see any physical differences between the two on the outside, so you can't tell which version you have unless you take it apart.

Anyway, I thought that this was interesting, so I thought I'd share.

Happy Shooting!!

Jonathan

Very interesting. I purchased a AE Swede 18 shot mag and have used it as the primary for over 3,000 pellets in my Avenger with zero issues. I do not think it has the spoke center piece but I've not taken it apart.

Makes you wonder if the Avenge X mag is updated Avenger mag and they used the same parts? Idk haven't looked at Avenge X. But I am pretty sure Avenger mags are kinda knockoff Benjamin Marauder mags so who knows maybe the Benji mags changed and they copied those lol