• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The ATN X Sight, Anyone tried it?

Heard lots of reviews saying many of the functions do not work correctly and that it has tons of software glitches. First thing I heard people should do when they first get it is update the firmware on the computer. I also heard it's great when it works :). If your paying that much though, you might as well save up a little more for a thermal scope so you can use it during the day and see thermal signatures through brush or cover. 

"FukoChan"Heard lots of reviews saying many of the functions do not work correctly and that it has tons of software glitches. First thing I heard people should do when they first get it is update the firmware on the computer. I also heard it's great when it works :). If your paying that much though, you might as well save up a little more for a thermal scope so you can use it during the day and see thermal signatures through brush or cover.
The X-Sight is full of issues. Yes. It is a digital night vision scope, not Gen2. Digital isn't up to Gen2 quality yet.
This scope is riddled with issues. If you want a NVD that is in the price range of $400-600 like the X-Sight is priced at, you're better off with the Armasight Vampire: https://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-weapon-sights/armasight-vampire-3x-core-iit
It is a night-only scope but uses a hybrid tube that provides a much better image than Gen1, not quite as good as Gen2, can take the beating a Gen2 can and doesn't come needing a firmware update every week. And its only slightly more than the X-Sight and not the 4 times more expensive that thermals start at.

Just to make clear...through firmware updates, the x-sight has solved a lot of the problems listed. The one shot zero worked for me and I have been getting nickel sized grouped with my .25 Marauder at 50 yards. Only issue I've had is that it reset its zero once, but that is after I left it without batteries for a about a week. Not sure if it was a fluke but, that's the only problem I've had. FYI...also own a photon xt. Not only is the sight picture better with the x -sight but there is very little reflection from random branches or leaves so its much easier to scan for targets at night. Plus the X-Sight has a real day camera . Photon XT is just junk during the day. I don't have any experience on the Armasight Vampire but from what I've seen on you tube, It's not worth the extra cash. 500$ range? x-sight hands down.