The Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic

New scope to the game, with a good reticle. The Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic. The specs took pretty good, and if you are a small LPVO scope aficionado then this may be of interest to you. I have both of their 1-10×30 scopes in both FFP and SFP and they are everything as advertised. But they have one flaw...

When the illumination is turned on at dusk or dark the scope cannot be seen through. The red illumination makes the lenses too bright to see through. If you only use the Scopes during daylight hours they are top shelf for their price. But they don't work with illuminated reticle after dark thirty.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220211-0949472.1644591125.png
IMG_20220120_1608548902.1644591189.jpg

This is the new reticle. And for a size reference, here is the Atibal X 1-10x30 FFP on the Evol.

New scope to the game, with a good reticle, but only offered in SFP... The Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic. The specs took pretty good, and if you are a small LPVO and SFP scope aficionado then this may be of interest to you. I have both of their 1-10×30 scopes in both FFP and SFP and they are everything as advertised.

From the Atubal web site:

We are literally creating a new genre of rifle scopes with the HYBRID12, never before has a magnification range of 12x been achieved in a true 1x scope. With the HYBRID12 you can effectively asses any short range targets and still achieve maximum range capabilities with a simple adjustment of the magnification. Building upon the ever mimicked specifications and capabilities of the highly acclaimed Atibal X 1-10x30 scope, we bring you 12 times the magnification, a very generous eye box, Side Focus Parallax Adjustment and HOYA FCD100 Japanese fully multi-coated lens for maximum light transmission, anti-reflection, and abrasion resistance all packaged in a 24oz - 11 inch long, 35mm tube. Expand your reach with the Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic. 

https://atibal-optics.com/products/atibal-hybrid12-1-12x34-sfp

Thank you for posting this. I looked on their website recently for updates on this project but didn't find any.

I assume the extensive 3.5" to 6.0" eye relief range represents high to low power? Is that they way it is on your 1-10?

Any word on minimum parallax range?

Interesting scope. Suspect compromises with that erector range.

New scope to the game, with a good reticle, but only offered in SFP... The Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic. The specs took pretty good, and if you are a small LPVO and SFP scope aficionado then this may be of interest to you. I have both of their 1-10×30 scopes in both FFP and SFP and they are everything as advertised.

From the Atubal web site:

We are literally creating a new genre of rifle scopes with the HYBRID12, never before has a magnification range of 12x been achieved in a true 1x scope. With the HYBRID12 you can effectively asses any short range targets and still achieve maximum range capabilities with a simple adjustment of the magnification. Building upon the ever mimicked specifications and capabilities of the highly acclaimed Atibal X 1-10x30 scope, we bring you 12 times the magnification, a very generous eye box, Side Focus Parallax Adjustment and HOYA FCD100 Japanese fully multi-coated lens for maximum light transmission, anti-reflection, and abrasion resistance all packaged in a 24oz - 11 inch long, 35mm tube. Expand your reach with the Atibal HYBRID12 1-12x32 SFP Low to Medium Powered Variable Optic. 

https://atibal-optics.com/products/atibal-hybrid12-1-12x34-sfp

Thank you for posting this. I looked on their website recently for updates on this project but didn't find any.

I assume the extensive 3.5" to 6.0" eye relief range represents high to low power? Is that they way it is on your 1-10?

Any word on minimum parallax range?

Interesting scope. Suspect compromises with that erector range.

I am not sure of the minimum parallax either. They did not advertise that spec. The 1-10×30's have a 100 yards long fixed parallax and so when I shoot at 10 yards or other close ranges I have to turn the power down between 2 and 3 to clear up the picture. That is the biggest thing I have had to deal with, and it is the same with any fixed scope or LPVO. The one thing that is a turn off to most guy's making the transition to a LPVO is the "fish bowl" effect they get with distortion around the edges of the sight picture when turned down to low power. I find that it helps keep you centered. I am pretty happy that Atibal is putting on a parallax adjustment for those reasons, though I find that it is a little nicer (currently) not having to fiddle with a focus knob for every change in yardage with these scopes. (Imagine doing that for every critter that you shoot in the woods; especially those that never stay in one spot...) As far as the eye relief goes, I have noticed that it does change a little bit with any of my LPVO scopes, and moreso with the larger adjustment range of these. It was easy enough to get used to and I found that is is a "tell" if you are not getting directly behind the scope because it shows up in the sight picture, so you can correct the eye/head position to center.

What is best scope for FX .30 cal at 100 yds

That is a very subjective question to answer. Everyone has there preference in magnification, ranging, reticle style, shooting type and style. Only you can answer these questions, and by doing so you will get better answers. I'd suggest making a list of the things that are important to you in a scope and go from there requesting the input of the members, as then they could give you a specific scope to look at.