The Airgun Podcast: Justin Jacobson Founder and CEO of Utah Airguns

Guys, what a great show! 

This is making my work day sooo much better! [Things here in NY are insane]
I really like the advise that Justin gave as far as people coming to shoot - with the 'big namers'. 
I always like to say that very same thing..

Apples To Oranges, but...

Years ago, I used to ride a lot of BMX [dirt / freestyle / street / ramp]
I got to ride with all sorts of amateur-pros since friends own a big name bmx company [FBM]
and I've been lucky enough to get to ride with Dave Mirra and Riann Nyqist [Pro Haro Riders]
Got to meet Matt Hoffman, and, not only met Kevin Robinson at the NY State Fair, 
I invited him to come to the Cortland Skate Park [that I was one of the founders of]
and not only did He show up.. He brought the whole Hoffman / Sprocket-Jockey trailer down, 
and all of the other pro team riders rode with us!

Obviously there are no words to even begin to describe how 'intimidating' it was, 
but in reality, we were all doing what we loved to do, and in no time, it was all just having fun! 

Something I learned real fast was - One of the best ways to get better at something 
is to do it around people that are way better than you.. IMO there's no better way, and it works!

Back to shooting..

I'm as non-competitive as it gets - with other people.. 
I just like to push myself to get better and better 'personally'.

But I say that if you are a competitive person - By all means - If you have the chance to shoot w/ the pros, 
with the big-namers, etc.. Take the opportunity, and have fun doing it! That's what it's all about!

We're all in this hobby for the same reason . . . the love of airgunning!

😊👍

Sam -