• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Air Arms Pro Elite, a real gem!

I sometimes become so preoccupied with hot PCPs and my customized classic Co2 guns as to neglect a few very nice springers remaining in my arsenal. But when there's not much shooting light remaining and I just want to get in a little recreational shooting I'll grab a piston gun. 

Tonight my .22 AA Pro Elite came out to play and was simply amazing; largely because it was one of those rare times when I was uncharacteristically steady from the sitting, unaided field-target position I use when shooting springers (off my forearm). Groups at 35 and 50 yards were very gratifying, then it seemed I couldn't miss makeshift targets out to 70 yards.

I got this Pro Elite from Paul Watts at the last Arkansas airgun show I attended (2-3 years ago). It was a great deal, but then he also threw in a magnum-springer-worthy scope mount, a cheap but functional Bushnell 6-24X scope, a soft rifle case, and the rifle's excellent back-story!

Neck issues prevent me shooting hard-cocking springers much, but I truly savor shooting this awesome Pro Elite. She's not only more accurate than me, but a real thumper! Every time I consider parting with her (to save my neck additional grief), I shoot her and chicken out! 

Finally got around to taking a photo of the Pro Elite, but after going to the trouble of setting everything up decided to include my 2 other awesome spring-piston tack-drivers.

1535221370_9712340755b819e7ab345d7.46911560_Euro Springers.JPG

Top- The .22 Air Arms Pro Elite. Heavy enough without a monster scope, I decided to use a (light) Weaver Classic Rimfire/Airgun 3-9X32 instead. Middle- My Steve Corcoran stocked .177 FWB 124 with (also pretty lightweight) 4-12X Bushnell Elite. Bottom- My .22 Theoben Evolution gas-ram rifle with a 3-9X Leapers.

All three of these are such tack-drivers as to be accurate beyond my abilities. All have posted 3/4" to 1" five-shot groups at 50 yards from the sitting field-target position.

I believe the Weaver and Leapers scopes are guaranteed for airgun use... but if the discontinued Bushnell Elite 3500 dies an untimely death, I'll probably be SOL!