• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The AGT Vulcan III .30cal

So Mr. Tony @ TalonTunes has delivered another fine bit of weaponry; my Vulcan 3 chambers in .30cal w/ 700mm barrel. I also got the AGT moderator which is the same dia as the shroud.

He flipped the plenum and regulator and OotB 5his rifle is shooting 44.75gr pellets @ 1030fps+. I purchased some NSA 54.5gr & 61.5gr slugs and plan to give them a test this weekend.

I opted for the Vortex Crossfire Ii 3-12x56 Hoghunter scope. I love the reticle on this scope. I have also purchased another 700cc tank that will replace the sticker.

This rifle is a beauty and I'm really happy with the purchase. Thanks Tony!

20220105_190412.1641427670.jpg
20220105_190424.1641427671.jpg

OK so the Vulcan 3 uses a M18 thread on the bottle or did you specify a thread to match the AGT?

Allen

To be honest i'm not 100% sure. I have not removed the current bottle yet. But I wanted another 700cc bottle and if the threads are different then I will get/make an adapter.

On my Uragan I think pretty positive it is actually marked on the bottle mine has m12 on it, hopefully yours has it marked on the bottle too.

Allen 

I think i have become internet retarded, i can not find that 700 CC bottle at alsafe, i can see a 600 one and a 800 one and those are 78 MM in outer diameter and so will not fit my maverick.

Problem solved, seem like there are several alsafe pages and the one i had was not updated, new problem is 700 CC bottle way too long for 600 MM Maverick.

My measurements say i have 320 mm to make good with before moderator become a issue, and only 300 mm if i was to get a new moderator in the "fat" catagory

As is i have 320 mm to still be able to fit my moderator that is very little larger OD than the Maverick baffle ( +4 - 5 mm or so ) so seem like in this config a 580 cc bottle are the max.

And i am not planning to go 700 mm on the Maverick, but i would like that on a vulcan 3 but then it is not a thing in .177 it seem.

Just can not catch a break it seem.

After having hunt for some years with my Vulcan 2 Tactic .30 Cal and have the experience with the JSB Hades in that Cal, my conclusion is that the Vulcan 3 Long in .30 OUGHT TO BE the very best hunting rifle.

You have more power, more shots per fill than with the Vulcan 2, so it is very difficult that you will face something that would resist at close distance the power and the damage caused by the expansion of the Hades if the shot is well placed.

Notwithstanding what I wrote previously, we need to recognize the following:

1.- You will shot among 50 to 100 pellets sighting and practicing per each pellet you will shot in real hunting; and

2.- The power of a Vulcan 2 in .30 Cal with JSB Hades is more than enough with a well placed shot to must of the animals you will want to get with the Vulcan 3.

In conclusion:

If you have the opportunity to get a Vulcan 3, do not think to much, buy it.

But if you already have a Vulcan 2 in .30 Cal, you have a SUPER rifle for hunting purposes !! .... It is very difficult that during a hunting day you will need more shots than those provided by a Vulcan 2.

So Mr. Tony @ TalonTunes has delivered another fine bit of weaponry; my Vulcan 3 chambers in .30cal w/ 700mm barrel. I also got the AGT moderator which is the same dia as the shroud.

He flipped the plenum and regulator and OotB 5his rifle is shooting 44.75gr pellets @ 1030fps+. I purchased some NSA 54.5gr & 61.5gr slugs and plan to give them a test this weekend.

I opted for the Vortex Crossfire Ii 3-12x56 Hoghunter scope. I love the reticle on this scope. I have also purchased another 700cc tank that will replace the sticker.

This rifle is a beauty and I'm really happy with the purchase. Thanks Tony!

20220105_190412.1641427670.jpg
20220105_190424.1641427671.jpg

Your Vulcan must be the first one Tony set up because I just noticed that the shot string and target is the one he has on the page for the V3.