The AEA HP semi auto Carbine is a heck of a nice gun IMO!!!!!

I have only tried one other semi auto and it was a SAM, the gun flat out was junk in my opinion and I luckily got a full refund from Crosman for it. I had possession of my AEA HP semi auto 25 cal Carbine on June 23rd. I finally got up in the attic for a basic preliminary sight in at 10 yards because at the time it was constant rain here for several days.

https://youtu.be/CNOYTiTDRMw

I've since got it zeroed in at about 35 yards and I must say the gun with only a 12" barrel is doing phenomenal in the accuracy department and it's very powerful as well.

https://youtu.be/o3GJm19wtTU

So far this gun after probably 500 shots through it, it has never had a jamb and cycles perfectly filling it to 3200psi and shooting down to about 2200psi.

I agree with you Wayne52 and for it's price point the AEA HP semi auto 25 cal Carbine / Back Packer line is indeed an overlooked bargain. It's early supply / support issue problems are seeing improvements. These early issues caused some to sour thus bad mouthing the AEA product line. But they still do provide a great value for those souls wishing to enter the holy gates of SEMI AUTO nirvana without a second mortgage. 

Wayne52 as a matter of fact I bought my carbine from a standup guy Bin when he started. Later I talked him into and purchased a Back Packer conversion kit doing the very easy swap myself. And selling the old carbine kit to another with a Varmint everybody was happy. These are a very basic easy to work on product line. And now I've got the Back Packer and an SS pistol for less frog skins than an FX happy, happy.

I currently have the AEA HPBP Semi Auto. I got a really bad barrel jam and had to send it back for repair. Before that, I had a few complaints about the gun as follows:

1. The gun was advertised to be 80fpe, but it was just over 50 fpe. This is because it didn't come with the strong spring. We are supposed to get a strong spring, but no word on when.😕
  2. The trigger guard also doubles as the front pic rail, but it's only secured to the frame with one screw, so it started to spin loose when used with a bipod. BIN is fixing that for me and moving the pic rail to the frame.
  3. It didn't come with any sling mounts, or anywhere to easily install sling mounts. I use my guns for pest control and hunting, So, I had to install some Magpul sling mounts myself.
  4. When I installed my DonnyFL Tatsu, the metal seemed kinda soft in the shroud. This allowed my Tatsu to be installed cock-eyed. Luckily, I got the .30 cal model so I didn't clip any slugs.
    [/LIST=1]

Other than these problems, the only thing I dislike is the super heavy trigger. Hopefully it will be fine after that. I'm finding the semi auto function useless for pest control as the ~7.5 pound trigger pull snatches me of my target.

Norcal I am going from memory on some of these carbine specs; 1. carbine barrel is 14" / Back Packer is 13" 2. total length carbine shroud 16" / the Back Packer shroud is 12" + 7" suppressor = 19" total length 3. carbine length folded is 25.5" / Back Packer with suppressor off is 21" 4. the Back Packer suppressor drops the sound report about 20 Db and comes with a carbon fiber tank, the carbine tank is metal. Other than these differences the HP series are pretty much the same. Also a little emery paper polishing work on the sear will do wonders for their heavy trigger. 

I must say the gun with only a 12" barrel is doing phenomenal in the accuracy department

Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy. You could have a 2" barrel that is just as accurate as a 30" barrel. A barrels length can directly affect velocity though. A faster projectile can equate to an easier gun to shoot.

"You could have a 2" barrel that is just as accurate as a 30" barrel." I beg to differ.

I did get out at day break yesterday and managed to get 2 red squirrels with it, I've probably got about 300 rounds through it so far and it's trigger seems to be getting better than it was out of the box. I was only out for a couple hours and the heat/humidity and bugs drove me out of the woods but it was still a lot of fun. I won't be going today or tomorrow because of brutal temps and humidity but maybe Thursday, I may even bring my AEA357 standard Challenger out there and do some shooting with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDoqqMEmv4s