• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The 500 Royale or Streamline.25 need input/Help!

I have no experience with the Royale but I own a Streamline .22. I got the synthetic stock thinking it would be the tougher option for hunting. I broke my stock where your thumb would rap around the pistol grip shortly after purchase. The inside of the stock is made out of a type of foam that you can dig out with your finger nails! AOA told me a new walnut stock costs around $450 and a new laminate stock costs about $650. Uh, yeah. I am on my 4th fix attempt.

"FunGun"Well lets see, the streamline has a 250cc air capacity, the 500 royale has a 500cc bottle, both are non removeable. Nod goes to 500 royale

streamline is 43" long, 500 royale is longer at 47" Barrel on streamline is 23.75", royale barrel is Is 25.5" this better or worse to be longer? Stability Nod goes to 500 royale

Streamline lengths for handling and maneuverability get the Nod for shorter length.

Shot capacity, 11 shots with Royale, shot capacity for streamline is 10 shots....I call that a wash

Weight, the Royale weighs 7.4 lbs, the streamline comes in at 6.3 lbs. Nod goes to the streamline for carry weight. IF you are shooting bench, the extra weight of the royale might add to the stability? Your call.

Engergy-well, you know what my streamline is shooting 50+ ft-lbs, so I'm not going to touch the published data on this one. lol

Advertised price from AOA for the Fx Royale is $1575.00 the Streamline is $999.00 Simply for the saw bones saved, the nod goes to the streamline. But this is your $$ not mine.

On the Airgun of Arizona website they advertise the Royale can be field stripped and serviced and assembled in 30 min by the owner. Don't have one so can't say anything about that, but that sounds like a real good point.

I have heard there might be some price increases coming (thread on AGN today) so you might want to pull the trigger sooner than later?

Personally if I could afford the Royale 500, I might consider it over the streamline, but for me the savings was a big part of it since it afforded me the opportunity to actually get another gun. The streamline is so different than the Marauder that I don't even try to compare them, other than I like them both for what they do, but the streamline and its trigger is so darn accurate it can't be compared to the Marauder but it is approx 3x the money. I have my bullpup, I have my carbine and I have my streamline for my long gun. It really fits my needs. Will I ever own a Royale 500? Good possibility down the road. It seems to be a proven platform.
Enjoy the process of deciding and keep us posted on what way you go!

The bottle on a Royale is removable and has a check valve so it doesn't bleed out.The reason FX list it as non removable is due to the shroud not allowing the bottle to be fully unscrewed.Easy fix is to move the shroud about half an inch to allow the bottle to come off the thread.That,or move to Australia where we don't have shrouds or moderators. Cheers Paul.

I can't comment on the Royal, but have a .25 Streamline and like it quite a bit.
Just last night I got it out for a family gathering and let everyone take a turn at the trigger
Even folks who hadn't shot before were making a ragged hole at 50yds.
Those with a little more firearm experience were doing very well at 75yds. I can easily make a ragged hole at 75 once I remember what the holdover is. It's 2mil.
It's very quiet, really all you hear is a little puff of air and then the trap ringing which is quite a bit louder than the noise the rifle makes.

I've had it on the Chrony and it does what's advertised.

Some folks have reported trigger problems out of the box. I think all have been resolved with a little turning of screws - it's very adjustable. Mine came out of the box just right and I haven't fiddled at all with it.

It can do 4 complete mags before falling off the reg.

I have a regulated AA S510 also which is also a nice shooter. The Streamline outshoots it every time, but not by a whole lot. The S510 'feels' a little better in my hands, but not by a lot. The streamline will reach out to 100 yards and will continue to stack pellets if you do your part, the S510 is out of gas after 75yds.

I just got a .30 impact too and it's a whole other level. I have not really put it thru it's paces yet, but it appears to shoot just as well at the longer distances as the .25 streamline. Though I still have some tweaking to do on it and am waiting on a part for the scope rings that broke (nothing to do with FX.) I'd say, if you can swing the $ you ought to look at the impact too. But it's a whole lot more money, so...

"Dallas"This is too funny, you're asking a bunch of strangers to help make a financial decision for you? What works for one person may not work for everyone.
This realy isn't worth my time but..
Where the heck does that come from( too funny ) it has nothing to do with asking anyone to make a financial decision for me .This question has to do with these having any issues that would or could be a concern over time and this is the place to ask, kinda like buying a car and a month later you find out that it has a lot of recalls or maybe the motor can have bad issues over time and you didn't know that because you never asked enough people and yurAll I'm doing is asking a general question, which one and why or why not....Maybe I'll roll the dice and just say the heck with it and order a .25 Crown and take my chances that it will be a dependable air rifle for years to come.....

"MonsterMaxx"I can't comment on the Royal, but have a .25 Streamline and like it quite a bit.
Just last night I got it out for a family gathering and let everyone take a turn at the trigger
Even folks who hadn't shot before were making a ragged hole at 50yds.
Those with a little more firearm experience were doing very well at 75yds. I can easily make a ragged hole at 75 once I remember what the holdover is. It's 2mil.
It's very quiet, really all you hear is a little puff of air and then the trap ringing which is quite a bit louder than the noise the rifle makes.

I've had it on the Chrony and it does what's advertised.

Some folks have reported trigger problems out of the box. I think all have been resolved with a little turning of screws - it's very adjustable. Mine came out of the box just right and I haven't fiddled at all with it.

It can do 4 complete mags before falling off the reg.

I have a regulated AA S510 also which is also a nice shooter. The Streamline outshoots it every time, but not by a whole lot. The S510 'feels' a little better in my hands, but not by a lot. The streamline will reach out to 100 yards and will continue to stack pellets if you do your part, the S510 is out of gas after 75yds.

I just got a .30 impact too and it's a whole other level. I have not really put it thru it's paces yet, but it appears to shoot just as well at the longer distances as the .25 streamline. Though I still have some tweaking to do on it and am waiting on a part for the scope rings that broke (nothing to do with FX.) I'd say, if you can swing the $ you ought to look at the impact too. But it's a whole lot more money, so...
Thanks, so shooting out to 100 yards isn't a issue with the Streamline? I ask because I'm getting this to shoot 75 yards and for sure out to 109 yards, I have a .25 Bullboss that does fine out to 109 yards and a BT65SB Elite QE that should be good out to 125 and a bit further but I had to send it in for repair, I just got it and now I think my youngest son will get it, anyway my Bullboss.25 and my .357 Bulldog are going to be used for hunting 75 yards and under, I also have a HMx .357 on order just waiting for Sandra to call telling me it's ready and both my Marauders are going to be used for 75 yards and under...
I like the Streamline for it size and the fact it can shoot 100 yards but I also like the Royale knowing it can shoot to 100yards without any issues and might have the edge on 125 to even 150 yards....I'm trying to stay away from all the bells and whistles that come with the Crown but the last couple days I've gotten some PMs leaning me towards the Crown now, I never knew it would be this tuff to decide on a Airgun. I'm just trying to get a nice All around Bench gun that will last and not have issues...I know I'm probably making this harder than it should be but it just the nature of the beast I guess,

Thanks for the replays folks.
Decided to go with the Royale,numbers aren't bad either..
228f43c494918377fb731f8c6e8ad627.jpg