• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The 500 Royale or Streamline.25 need input/Help!

I would like some input from those of you that own either one of these rifles, right now what I have in the .25 caliber are a Marauder, Bullboss QE and a BT65SB Elite QE these are all good shooters but I would like to add one more accurate .25 to my collection but I'm hung up on these two,a synthetic 500 Royale or the lighter and shorter Streamline, I don't need all the bells and whistles that a few other .25s have but I like the adjustable power/shot level! I've been beating myself over these two air rifles for awhile now and just can't find the right answer to push me towards one over the other...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well lets see, the streamline has a 250cc air capacity, the 500 royale has a 500cc bottle, both are non removeable. Nod goes to 500 royale

streamline is 43" long, 500 royale is longer at 47" Barrel on streamline is 23.75", royale barrel is Is 25.5" this better or worse to be longer? Stability Nod goes to 500 royale

Streamline lengths for handling and maneuverability get the Nod for shorter length.

Shot capacity, 11 shots with Royale, shot capacity for streamline is 10 shots....I call that a wash

Weight, the Royale weighs 7.4 lbs, the streamline comes in at 6.3 lbs. Nod goes to the streamline for carry weight. IF you are shooting bench, the extra weight of the royale might add to the stability? Your call.

Engergy-well, you know what my streamline is shooting 50+ ft-lbs, so I'm not going to touch the published data on this one. lol

Advertised price from AOA for the Fx Royale is $1575.00 the Streamline is $999.00 Simply for the saw bones saved, the nod goes to the streamline. But this is your $$ not mine.

On the Airgun of Arizona website they advertise the Royale can be field stripped and serviced and assembled in 30 min by the owner. Don't have one so can't say anything about that, but that sounds like a real good point.

I have heard there might be some price increases coming (thread on AGN today) so you might want to pull the trigger sooner than later?

Personally if I could afford the Royale 500, I might consider it over the streamline, but for me the savings was a big part of it since it afforded me the opportunity to actually get another gun. The streamline is so different than the Marauder that I don't even try to compare them, other than I like them both for what they do, but the streamline and its trigger is so darn accurate it can't be compared to the Marauder but it is approx 3x the money. I have my bullpup, I have my carbine and I have my streamline for my long gun. It really fits my needs. Will I ever own a Royale 500? Good possibility down the road. It seems to be a proven platform.
Enjoy the process of deciding and keep us posted on what way you go!

Being I have a compressor and a couple tanks I gave up on the tank verses tube as far as air goes but ya the tank does seem a bit better Blackdiesel.
Thanks FunGun for all the help hahaha j/k these are all the things I've been thinking about and it's not if a person can afford it it's a matter of is the extra cost worth it, I'll have to dig deep either which way I go so it's going to hurt but I want it to be the right hurt if there is such a thing and it will be used 90% of the time on a bench,I have the .25 Bullboss for stock and still hunting along with a .357 Bulldog for heavy hitting and I have a HMx on the way which will also be more of a bench Airgun then anything else...
Think I just answered my own question but I'm still open to opinions on this....

Sounds like you have the plan in place. Personally, when you said it would be used for bench mostly, that would have pushed me off the fence and over to the Royale 500. Since you have your own compressor all you gotta do now is invest in a lead mine. I have notice consumption has gone up considerably since I got mine as well. Enjoy the decision making, I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if I was a betting man I think your going to fall to the 500 side of the fence? Keep us posted.

From what I have read the barrels (except for the new smooth-twist x) are the same on all FX rifles. I would check out how each can be adjusted (like the trigger,fps, hammer, transfer port, etc). Adjustability is key to getting peak performance! If you are looking to shoot competition, the Royal may be a better choose (look at some of Jimmy King's groups). If you are just plinking and hunting, I bet the Streamline would fit the bill.
I have said this many times; one rifle rarely fits all situations. I believe the Royal is designed more for the bench (personally would check out the RAW or Crown), and the Streamline (due to it's light weight) is geared for hunting and plinking. If money is a huge factor, start out with the Streamline. FX rifles hold their value and you can always trade up or just add to your arsenal. The good news is that both are a good choices and I am sure you will be happy with either of them.

My biggest problem with this hobby is ..........I like too many rifles!!!!! So........ I enjoy studying each rifle for their strengths and different features. I have about 10 rifles on my wish list but then sensibility sets in and I realize that I just need to purchase what I need ( or want). The good news is my need is expanding! 
The key is knowing what you want and need and making sure you don't over buy or under buy. The latter is usually the case. If you are really serious about shooting competition you are better off going all in and getting the rifle that will deliver to your expectations. Cost become second in this case. If you are uncertain, get the starter rifle and test the waters. When I started, I actually bought both (second was for my son, that;s what I told myself). I still have both rifles and have no plans to sell either.
Best of luck with your decision,
NM

"NMshooter"From what I have read the barrels (except for the new smooth-twist x) are the same on all FX rifles. I would check out how each can be adjusted (like the trigger,fps, hammer, transfer port, etc). Adjustability is key to getting peak performance! If you are looking to shoot competition, the Royal may be a better choose (look at some of Jimmy King's groups). If you are just plinking and hunting, I bet the Streamline would fit the bill.
I have said this many times; one rifle rarely fits all situations. I believe the Royal is designed more for the bench (personally would check out the RAW or Crown), and the Streamline (due to it's light weight) is geared for hunting and plinking. If money is a huge factor, start out with the Streamline. FX rifles hold their value and you can always trade up or just add to your arsenal. The good news is that both are a good choices and I am sure you will be happy with either of them.

My biggest problem with this hobby is ..........I like too many rifles!!!!! So........ I enjoy studying each rifle for their strengths and different features. I have about 10 rifles on my wish list but then sensibility sets in and I realize that I just need to purchase what I need ( or want). The good news is my need is expanding! 
The key is knowing what you want and need and making sure you don't over buy or under buy. The latter is usually the case. If you are really serious about shooting competition you are better off going all in and getting the rifle that will deliver to your expectations. Cost become second in this case. If you are uncertain, get the starter rifle and test the waters. When I started, I actually bought both (second was for my son, that;s what I told myself). I still have both rifles and have no plans to sell either.
Best of luck with your decision,
NM
This will be a bench gun that I'll spend almost all of my time shooting( my go to .25 ) and maybe take it in the woods and I use the term maybe loosely...
I also have a HMx .357 regulated to 130ft/lbs on order with a custom Blue Thumbhole stock that will also be a bench rifle for the most part...
I have a .25 Bullboss and a .357 Bulldog that will be my in the woods hunting guns all in synthetic the only wood stock I will have is my Laminated HMx stock..I'm kinda hard on stuff that's why I like synthetic when it's available..My Marauder .25 will go to my youngest son who is shooting the .22 Marauder now and the wife will be shooting the BT65SB Elite QE when she wants and my other son that's at home likes shooting Trap and Skeet with his Fiancée so I'm not worried about him and a airgun.
The Streamline is such a nice .25 package to haul around in the vehicle and do just about everything I want to do but the 500 is in the same boat but probly a bit better for longer target distances not that the Streamline isn't capable.....
Ive never had this much trouble deciding on a tool before....Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....Need some time but I think the 500 is the way to go for what I want to do.

I thought you have been around but I hope my basic thoughts help you anyways. I just was speaking to Wyshadow about the .25 Streamline, it really is a nice hunting rifle. I also like the Daystate Regal in .22. I didn't really give the Crown much thought but after watching Matt Dubber's review,........now I'm interested. Like you, I would like a nice bench .25 and can't make up my mind so I am just waiting. More than likely I will buy 2, one for hunting (probably the Renegade HP, Bobcat, or Streamline) and one for bench (probably a RAW or Crown).
I think you're torn due to the two applications of hunting and Bench shooting. I have made a nice cherry wood stock for my Marauder and already have dinged it up. Synthetic is best for hunting!

Gett'em both! It's just money LOL

Go for the Royale! Have one and I can't say enough good about it. Mine will do .5 MOA at 75 yards. 82 shots per fill shooting the kings at around 880 and 55 shots per fill shooting the heavies around 845.
Yes, those numbers are correct. Had it tuned to shoot the heavies at 845 and then had the number one setting on the power wheel enlarged to shoot the kings at 880. 

Ergonomics - I think we underestimate the comfort of the gun configuration because we buy so much stuff mail order these days. About 2 months ago, I drove down to Utah Airguns and they let me handle both and fire the owner's personal Royal 2.5.

​The Streamline felt good, shouldered well, and generally will do the job.
​The Royal slid into my hands and just said, Take me home! It fit perfectly, right off the shelf. It was comfortable, smooth, and just felt GOOD!

​Since both are excellent, accurate guns, to me it comes down to the feel. Royal wins hands down in my case.

​If you can find a shop with a Royal and Streamline in stock, go and hold one. You might be surprised how big the differences really are.

​My nod goes to the Royal.

​Now, personally, I'm saving for a Crown. By the time I have the $$ together, they should be generally available for purchase. Initial reports are incredible, and since the Royal and Crown are at similar price points, my nod would ultimately go to the Crown.

​Can't go wrong with any of the guns though, so good luck on whatever you buy. Can't miss.

"chasdicapua" Go for the Royale! Have one and I can't say enough good about it. Mine will do .5 MOA at 75 yards. 82 shots per fill shooting the kings at around 880 and 55 shots per fill shooting the heavies around 845.
Yes, those numbers are correct. Had it tuned to shoot the heavies at 845 and then had the number one setting on the power wheel enlarged to shoot the kings at 880.
Do you know what size they drilled the setting 1 hole to on the Royale?

"Saltlake58"Ergonomics - I think we underestimate the comfort of the gun configuration because we buy so much stuff mail order these days. About 2 months ago, I drove down to Utah Airguns and they let me handle both and fire the owner's personal Royal 2.5.

​The Streamline felt good, shouldered well, and generally will do the job.
​The Royal slid into my hands and just said, Take me home! It fit perfectly, right off the shelf. It was comfortable, smooth, and just felt GOOD!

​Since both are excellent, accurate guns, to me it comes down to the feel. Royal wins hands down in my case.

​If you can find a shop with a Royal and Streamline in stock, go and hold one. You might be surprised how big the differences really are.

​My nod goes to the Royal.

​Now, personally, I'm saving for a Crown. By the time I have the $$ together, they should be generally available for purchase. Initial reports are incredible, and since the Royal and Crown are at similar price points, my nod would ultimately go to the Crown.

​Can't go wrong with any of the guns though, so good luck on whatever you buy. Can't miss.
No Airgun shops around here, maybe 500 - 1000 miles away that might have a Royale maybe, I'd have to drive to Utah or Arizona although RAW in Tennessee is only 800 or so miles away......Everthing is ordered around here and I think I'm the only person in 100 plus miles that has a compressor to fill tanks, this part of the country is more PBs and Archery, folks own springers and pumps around here for pests and that's about it, Walmart airguns I guess you could say......
Thanks for the input, being its going to be more of a bench shooter this leans me more towards the 500 Royale......Getting closer to making a buy I guess....

A fellow shooter has a FX500. my impressions are that it was quite long and the sound suppression was not very effective. 
A choice between the FX500 and Streamline depend a lot on your intended use. I believe the Streamline is both shorter and lighter and I would expect them to be of equal accuracy.
My first 25 was a Marauder which is an accurate rifle and a bargain at it,s price point. The only minus is the limited shot capacity and somewhat spongy trigger.
I also own both a Daystate Airwolf and Cricket in 25. The Airwolf with it,s Huggett is virtually silent, has a superb electronic trigger and is slightly more accurate than the Mrod at 100 yards.
The Cricket is as accurate as the Airwolf, has a less desirable trigger, but has a shorter OAL.
Tony

"chasdicapua"Glem.Chally, I don't know the size. AZ did it. It came out great as now this gun will shoot each pellet (kings and heavies) at an optimal speed for this rifle.
That would be nice to know, if I go with the Royale I'll have to just shoot it stock and see where I want to go from there, maybe send it in for a tune or maybe just leave it alone,time will tell I guess. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a shooter right from the warehouse...