The .30 caliber Gauntlet 2 (Full Review)

20220419_135454.1650673315.jpg

Hey guys. Here is a quick accuracy review of the new .30 caliber Gauntlet 2. This .30 cal G2 is impressive. It's definitely the smoothest, best shooting Gauntlet yet. Great job Umarex! 

Thanks for watching! -Nate

https://youtu.be/9J5kdYYshyM

Reactions: Buckless Yooper
I watched your video earlier this morning and I'm sold. Too bad it's on pre-order everywhere.

Down in the for sale section, grab it fast!

This gun is now on it's way to me. Very stoked. I'll be testing out a lot of ammo and hopefully give some in depth reviews / info to add to the dataset people have before this goes on sale for general distribution. I'm kind of curious how much adjustments you can make with the hammer spring, for example.

Great video and some awesome groups! Just kinda scary that it says 200 Bar fill in one spot and 4500 psi in another! Just curious what if anything the manual recommends as the correct fill pressure! As always, I enjoyed the video and the review!

Gun, tube, breech ...etc is rated at 200 bar with safety built in to the regulator via burst to ensure safety. If you ran it unregulated with no safety burst via teather or similar 200bar is max. 

Great review. I have both the Gauntlet 1 in .25 cal and the Gauntlet 2 in .22 cal. Both are great shooters after some work. The Gauntlet 2 had a problem with 'ragged' edges on the pellet entry port. I literally had to pound the bolt handle to get the pellet into the receiver to get it to go in so I could shoot it. In one of his postings, Haj suggested that he could rework the port to correct the problem, or you could shoot hard pellets until the port smoothed out. I did that. It took about a thousand shots with Crossman pellets until I was able to smoothly chamber a JSB pellet. I wonder if this issue has been corrected in the new .30 caliber model. Does anyone have some experience with the .30 cal yet who can comment on the above? I am looking seriously at the .30 cal but would not like to have to go through that experience again or have to farm a new Gauntlet 2 our to correct that problem. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for posting that, Byron. There was a really nasty problem with the original Gauntlet 2s coming out of China, both with loose screws and a 'ragged' entrance to the pellet chamber. In many cases you would actually have to pound the bolt handle to get a pellet chambered. There were a lot of complaints about it. Hajimoto identified the cause of the problem and added a service of polishing the pellet entry area to smooth out the really rough edges. I suspect the chatter going back a year or so is still on the board somewhere, although I don't know how much history has been transported with the change in home of AN. Glad to hear that your .30 cal chambers smoothly, though. Sounds like the manufacturer in China has corrected that complaint. Thanks again for posting your experience. Much appreciated.