The 3 different JSB 25.39 redesigned

MOST already know this.... But I have found there are 3 different JSB redesigned pellets. Out of my 2019 and before tins, I have found the top two pellets about even depending on the tin and out of my 2020-2021 tins seem to be between the middle and bottom pellet, the middle pellet being the majority. The 2022 tins I have bought JSB or FX branded seem to be all the bottom pellet which I call the deep base. The top shallow base pellets seem to shoot the best out of my pellet rifles, followed by the middle pellet and lastly the bottom pellet, the current one. You have to shoot what you can buy.
20221225_075912_Burst01_(1).jpg

This is very common issue with all JSB pellets over the last few years. Most prevalent in .177, then .22 and so on. I’m so tired of this I decided to give up shooting.22’s all together. The .25’s are more consistent from lot to lot.

I have no idea why they can’t get their dies more uniform? Maybe From wear over the thousands of pellets run thru each die and the cycle for replacement based on mediocre specifications?

😠 It seems like this kind of negligence — or is it greedy malpractice? — shows that JSB has gotten too big for their britches, way too big. ⬛

And it seems that a company that can guarantee close (not perfect) uniformity from die to die — can take over those JSB-customers who are into long range shooting, competition, or simply plain accuracy. ✅

I gladly pay a couple of dollars more per tin if I can know that the pellets I'm buying now will shoot very close in precision to the ones I bought a couple of years ago. ✅

❎ H&N — are you up to the task? 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: Richieg
MOST already know this.... But I have found there are 3 different JSB redesigned pellets. Out of my 2019 and before tins, I have found the top two pellets about even depending on the tin and out of my 2020-2021 tins seem to be between the middle and bottom pellet, the middle pellet being the majority. The 2022 tins I have bought JSB or FX branded seem to be all the bottom pellet which I call the deep base. The top shallow base pellets seem to shoot the best out of my pellet rifles, followed by the middle pellet and lastly the bottom pellet, the current one. You have to shoot what you can buy.View attachment 316732
Richieg
Can you please post the following information on these pellets,
as per photo location.
What is the inside diameter of the smallest end of the skirt angle?,
where the bolt probe pushes against.
What is the largest diameter at the inside of the skirt bottom?,
What is the total overall inside depth of the skirt, from the top to the bottom edge of the skirt?
Does the outside appearance of these pellets look the same?
(I have never shot any of this type of pellets.)

I have an Xl data base on pellets and would like to add this information to it.
Thank you for your time and trouble.
Don

Last edited:
Is it my eyesight, the camera angle or something or is the head on the third one at an angle to the pellet centreline?
I think it's my picture taking ability and MY eyesight trying to get it all lined up. OR it could be JSB's new eccentric pellets they are slowly integrating into the current line up.😆That are being shipped west.
Just to make things interesting.

It sure looks angled to me but could be the light. Something else I see is the junction of the cone shape of the tail meeting the bottom round part of pellet head. The one on the right looks thicker to me, the center one looks the thinnest and the one on the left looks about the middle of the two. Again, it might be the light and probably doesn't affect the accuracy but for sure does not make for consistency between different lots of pellets.

Richieg
Thank you for that information,
the only dimension missing it the diameter of the smallest end, I have the inside length and large end diameter, but also need the inside small diameter of the cone, (where the bolt probe pushes against.)

I can see from the photo, that there is a slight difference in the outside skirt angles of all 3 pellets.

Here is the formula I am using to get the inside cone angles/dimensions,

Thank you,
Don

Richieg
Thank you for that information,
the only dimension missing it the diameter of the smallest end, I have the inside length and large end diameter, but also need the inside small diameter of the cone, (where the bolt probe pushes against.)

I can see from the photo, that there is a slight difference in the outside skirt angles of all 3 pellets.

Here is the formula I am using to get the inside cone angles/dimensions,

Thank you,
Don
Don my labeled dia. skirt dimension is the dia. of each pellet seat, or cavity dia.,in the cavity where the probe hits and not the actual pellet skirt dia. The depth is the dimension of the cavity from the base of the pellet, to where the probe hits. The dia. of the smallest seat is 2.84mm.

Last edited:
Richieg
Thank you, Ok,
So I understand what you are saying,
the small end is 2.84mm and the length inside of the taper is 2.75mm,
What is the diameter of the inside of the skirt at the base?
That is the measurement I need.
There has to be 3 measurements, small end-large end and length between these 2 dimensions.
Which is basically a cone, with the sharp pointed tip cut off.

Thanks,
Don