• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The .177 Caliber is King Here!

This is my other .177. What a gem. This is the airgunning I really get into. 

1587579244_13929106645ea0896c9fee88.36704499.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I have used a bat on a lelya .25 and on my .22 matador and it is a very nice addition. I haven't run on a .177 but it is a very nicely made extra bit and the volume bump would probably be noticeable to others around but I doubt to the shooter much...

I don't notice the difference on my matador till I am shooting where I get returned sound and then I hear the difference... the lelya its obvious all the time it has a little bark.

one BIG advantage to the BAT is that you can be a little less careful with re-assembly! the bat is alloy guts and does not twist at all so when the bbl nut is tightened you do not have to watch holding the baffle insert anti-clockwise while you tighten the knurled ring...you did lube the oring under it right ;-)

I have used a bat on a lelya .25 and on my .22 matador and it is a very nice addition. I haven't run on a .177 but it is a very nicely made extra bit and the volume bump would probably be noticeable to others around but I doubt to the shooter much...

I don't notice the difference on my matador till I am shooting where I get returned sound and then I hear the difference... the lelya its obvious all the time it has a little bark.

one BIG advantage to the BAT is that you can be a little less careful with re-assembly! the bat is alloy guts and does not twist at all so when the bbl nut is tightened you do not have to watch holding the baffle insert anti-clockwise while you tighten the knurled ring...you did lube the oring under it right ;-)

~~~~~~

😲

Next time for certain!

This post really intrigues me. Especially when I see you guys are talking about shooting 30+ foot pounds with a 17.

I have an unregulated Ripley that shoots about 29 foot pounds. It cracks the sound barrier with JSB heavies. I have tried all the heavy pellets that were available about two years ago...None of them worked.

I’m more of a pellet guy, should I be trying any new 17 caliber pellets in heavy weights that are on the market? I just received the rifle back from Allen Z, He resealed it. I haven’t been able to shoot it for a couple years.

mike

This post really intrigues me. Especially when I see you guys are talking about shooting 30+ foot pounds with a 17.

I have an unregulated Ripley that shoots about 29 foot pounds. It cracks the sound barrier with JSB heavies. I have tried all the heavy pellets that were available about two years ago...None of them worked.

I’m more of a pellet guy, should I be trying any new 17 caliber pellets in heavy weights that are on the market? I just received the rifle back from Allen Z, He resealed it. I haven’t been able to shoot it for a couple years.

mike

H&N and JSB both make pellets in the 15-16 grain range in .177 as well as other makers.

Very Cool rifles. How much aftermarket and tuning to get them to this much power?

The Taipan Veteran Standard .177 cal. has not been power modded. The 28 fpe produced is power level of the stock, out-of-the box rifle.

Although the EDgun R5M Standard .177 now has a Huma Regulator and power plenum, the rifle produced 31 fpe out of the box. However, I believe it now does so more efficiently. And it may be capable of even more power in its current state.

It is a hammer!
1587675859_18987282605ea202d31e3d52.09775941.JPG

I agree.

I bounce back and forth between the Beast pellet and the 15.5 NSA slug. Some feel the Beast is the better all around choice and it may be, but it does not do all the slugs do. Cost is clearly a consideration till the slugs are on the auto press. NSA has confirmed they are working to get the slugs on the auto press so cost will soon not be a factor. Griffin has some sweet looking slugs as well. They are truly on the high end and don’t catch my airgunning interest. I do really like the concept though. I hope it can be automated.

Joe