• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

That’s more like it

I have been super frustrated with my new HW 95 .177 cal. I tried all the usual pellets that shoot best in my other HW rifles, No luck. I could not get it to shoot acceptable. After about 1000 high-quality soft lead pellets, I decided what if I got to lose. I cleaned all the soft lead residue out of the bore and tried crossman premier 7.9’s That’s more like it. This is 10 shots at 50 yards with Iron sights. Aside from that one flyer that’s about as good as I have done.
AFC436BA-B61F-406E-AE18-662A23F89429.jpeg

Exactly why I always recommended that people try the old boxed Premiers when they were available.

Out of all the many .177 HWs I've owned, not a single one shot anything better than the Premiers.

Try washing and lubing them with White Lightnin bicycle chain lube. It keeps my tight choked guns from leading up as quick, and most shoot better with them lubed like this. If ya get bored.

Glad you got it on track!

Reactions: UncleB
My motto ..
" I dont mind a pellet picky gun ad long as it picks cphp''.. 👍.

I shoot them near exclusively in everything i got no problem...

Looks just fine unk,B from another irons shooter.

image212.jpg

P.s....

Only thing id recommend is clean the barrel in like 250- 500 shots on them. ( Newer airpower package). The older primer id go 1000. These latest ones can dirty a barrel faster. Old had that gray film like stuff on the pellets these dont ,somrhing else new ?? Pull a patch now and its black as soot..
( opinion).

Last edited:
Reactions: 450BM and UncleB
I have been super frustrated with my new HW 95 .177 cal. I tried all the usual pellets that shoot best in my other HW rifles, No luck. I could not get it to shoot acceptable. After about 1000 high-quality soft lead pellets, I decided what if I got to lose. I cleaned all the soft lead residue out of the bore and tried crossman premier 7.9’s That’s more like it. This is 10 shots at 50 yards with Iron sights. Aside from that one flyer that’s about as good as I have done.View attachment 301268
Iron sights! Your eyes are better than mine, that’s some fine shooting!

Shot this quick between rain. Pretty overcast then about the last shot the rain moved back in ( got em in just in the knick of time). For 7$ 500 tins and walk in a walmart you really cant knock the cphp.. it not like the million $ mr leggs universe world championship cup is on the line here..😁...lol

Anyway keep posting the groups so i got somthing to compare and match to...

image56.jpg