• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

That was quick!

Hello,

New member and new to air guns, a friend told me about his mrod a few years ago and it always interested me but just couldn't pull the trigger. Started doing some online research which is always a terrible thing for me to do. Just happens that I drive through a little village everyday to and from work that is home to Baker airguns. Well I stopped in there a couple weeks ago after watching entirely too many you tube videos and reading tons of posts off of this forum, it all led me to place an order for my first airgun. Two weeks later I get the call and now I'm the owner of a new FX impact M3 compact. I'm impressed to say the least, I won't get to play with it very much since deer hunting will devour my time but I think I'm really going to enjoy it.
20211014_144904.1634258259.jpg

Went with .25 cal, with a Hawke sidewinder 30 sf 4x16x50 on top. I really struggled with deciding on which scope. This gun is going to be my goto squirrel rifle, I just couldn't see needing a single focal plane scope but who knows. As far as accessories I have a Saber bag rider and the arca-picatinny ext. rail that goes under the bottle, just need to install them. I also went ahead and purchased the DonnyFL ronin to try and quiet things down as much as possible. I literally just got the gun yesterday so not much of a chance to form an opinion other than I'm impressed so far. Except the foster quick coupling is a pain to release off the gun, since I have to top my bottle off after each clip, I'll need to countermeasure this issue. I'm looking forward to shooting a gun again.. it's been a long while, mainly compound bows for the last 25 years.

I'm going the same way except in .22. I ordered a .22 Compact M3 bronze on 9/11/21 Going to add the bag rider and adjustable cheekpiece. It will come with the Superior Heavy liner, carbon fiber sleeved, and all the FX gauges replace with WIKA. It will be my squirrel gun (they are tough!), and will be shooting slugs. Ordered mine from Mike at Baker Airguns too. It is my first purchase from them, and from what I'm reading, they are good people. Enjoy your new rifle. The Impacts generally shoot really well. I have a MKII .25 sniper, and an M3 .30 sniper. Both shoot fantastic.