That One Gun.....

I have a question for you guys and girls.

What is that "One" gun you own, or have owned that Never disappoints?

I am talking about the gun that you could leave on a shelf, untouched for an unlimited time frame, grab it, throw a mag in it and know for 100% certainty it will hit Exactly where you are aiming.

I have owned no less than 30 different guns over the years, had a few that were very good but Never that One. there was always some little quirk, had to fire a couple shots, had to fire 1 shot, etc...

I do have that gun now after many years and I will hold off until i see what all gets posted up in this thread... Again i have, and still own a bunch of very high end guns , but there is only One i can Honestly say it is that "One" gun in my collection..

I am curious to see what pattern develops here..
So I ask Please be honest

Last edited:
While I love my Atomic XR, I can’t really say if I could hit what I’m aiming at with “100% certainty”. In theory? Yes. In practice? Maybe the gun can? Me? I’m human and prone to errors in shooting at targets. For instance, wrong wind call, misreading the range, etc. I expect that there are guns out there like you express. My opinion is that there are many guns out there that are way more accurate and precise than the apes sending projectiles down range.🙈🙀🤓

While I love my Atomic XR, I can’t really say if I could hit what I’m aiming at with “100% certainty”. In theory? Yes. In practice? Maybe the gun can? Me? I’m human and prone to errors in shooting at targets. For instance, wrong wind call, misreading the range, etc. I expect that there are guns out there like you express. My opinion is that there are many guns out there that are way more accurate and precise than the apes sending projectiles down range.🙈🙀🤓

I think unregulated guns / stand a better chance here as well, as regulated guns are prone to reg creep naturally. A swing in temperature from 75 to 90 degree will cause a 2.5% change in pressure which can effect the first and in some cases with large plenums, second hammer strike before the guns settled so to speak. Tuning close to your peak fps helps reduce this, but regardless unregulated guns in most cases are just not prone to this same behavior.

-Matt

Leshiy classic 350mm barrel 177. Exactly what you describe and super quiet. I put my money on it, literally, as host for my new $3.5k thermal. It’s the one I trust on the occasional 2AM raiders terrorizing my chickens at 75 yards. 4/4 on bandits, right in the off switch. Would love to use one of my FXs or 3 other guns that have magazine, but they all need those warming up shots.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Have been fortunate enough to own a number that fit that description- Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine, Taipan Veteran, & several Daystates (Huntsman, Regal, Regal XL HR, Revere, Revere Safari.
Sounds like you've raided my gun case...right down the line...would add Bobcat Mk2 also....I will vouch for any of 'em!

Several budget regulated PCPs have met the standard of “pick it up after 3 weeks and put the first pellet on an aspirin at 50 yards”. Not that I have the wind-reading skill and steady aim to do that every time but the gun itself has demonstrated the capacity to do it across many trials. That list includes one of my first projects, a QB78 HPA conversion, a DAR gen 2, and an Avenger.

crowns ..
DSC_0115.JPG
I enjoy the different barrel lengths as well

Over an extended amount of time (months to years):
USFT
Taipan Veteran (S)
BRK Ghost (when reg pressure set for single use).
HW50s
FWB 300 and 300s

Had a couple come through that I only had for a shorter time frame (review guns) that always held zero and could be depended on for first shot accuracy (no disappointment) throughout the 6-8week review process:

BRK Concept XR Lite
RTI Prophet
Daystate Red Wolf
BSA Gold Star
AGT Vulcan 3