Thanks to the Grandson

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Last Wed. my wife said it’s unfortunate, your grandson ( he’s 11) is coming on May 2-4 weekend and you only have 1 shooting table. Well Thurs. I was at Accuracy Plus 35 -40 min. drive and scored another Stable Table ( for only $339.99+) what you don’t do for your grandkids. I set them up close to help him. He fell in love with the HW30 .177. 
093BD0B5-BB82-4591-8F9B-8E33C253C07E.1653571991.jpeg
 I have since spread them 40 ft. apart. You almost think your on another range so I’ll use both. 
Sat. we were going to shoot and Lucas asked to go for a Quad run first (approx. 4;30) I took him a mile away where I knew of a 1 mile trail. Got through the covered trail and saw a dark sky. I did a u-turn and headed back. Got 150 yds. and a 1 1/2 ft. wide tree blocked our path we just came through. Another u-tune and this.
1F314B27-8D9C-40ED-BDA0-2C0A93BAD905.1653573438.jpeg
 We’re trapped wooded in a storm from Hell. Turned again, swamp on right and 20 ft. of trees and a 3-4 ft. high stone fence. I saw an opening, went over 3- 2”trees and a 3 ft. fence, Did an Evil Knievel. Opened and closed 4 gates to get out. 
In the 2 miles by road to get back 8 trees down on road. We just got power back last nite about 10 pm. I have a 14 kilowatt generator so no problem here. Grandson will never forget that ride. He loves the shooting. Crow 

Wow, what a fantastic adventure! This is one of those memories that neither of you will ever forget, really great stuff!

Oh ya, one you will tell for years. That was insane. I’ve rode dirt bikes since early 70’s (probably what saved us) never had anything remotely happen like this. Thanks Crow 

You're spoiling that kid LOL. Was that part of the storm we got in Ontario ??

He’s my only grandson. Hope he likes shooting and fishing. (already know he does), he’s in. Just got a HW30 .22 yesterday, I’ll put his name on it. After all I scored another table because of him.
Yes, that storm hit around 5 pm, Never saw anything like it. Power out just over 4 days. Crow

You and your wife sound like great grandparents. Lucas is a lucky kid. Better put his name on that 30, put it away for him and get your own, lol!

I always carried a chain saw on deer hunting trips and actually had to use it a couple of times.

BTW, you can send that stormy weather to northern CA anytime you get tired of it!

Thanks. Unfortunately Lucas is not a lucky kid, r1lover the pistols caught his eye but too hard to load so I gave him the 30. Worked like a charm.

You don’t want this one, I saw 2 ft. diameter trees snapped 4 ft. up trunk. Crow 

o yeah gotta get it done great job

Douger thanks

Hello Crow

So pleased to see grandparents taking the time to teach good things about life to their grandkids. Your grandson will get a whole lot more out of life than just the shooting, kudos to you and the wife. 

Great story and photos also.

Be safe and have a great day,

ThomasT

ThomasT it kinda brings the kid out of you. I wished I got a shot of him shooting but the weather made a change in plans. He said he wanted to come back in June. Thanks Crow 

I got caught in a freak snow storm deer hunting with my dad and brother. We liked to travel light before that day and only had water and our guns strapped to the quad. We made fun of the hunters that spent thousands of dollars on hunting clothing. Blue jeans and a flannel worked just fine. Well after hypothermia kicked in and my dad got lost in a white out I think we were all thinking if we ever get out of this we were never going to wear cotton again and we were definitely going to keep a saw on us. I remember us saying that if one of those widow makers blocked the road out we could have died. I just have a bow saw but thinking about upgrading to a silky or something. Chainsaw is a bit much for me but if you can swing it go ahead. We'll done showing your grandson how to take care of a stressful situation and nice choice for an airgun for the young man. 

I got caught in a freak snow storm deer hunting with my dad and brother. We liked to travel light before that day and only had water and our guns strapped to the quad. We made fun of the hunters that spent thousands of dollars on hunting clothing. Blue jeans and a flannel worked just fine. Well after hypothermia kicked in and my dad got lost in a white out I think we were all thinking if we ever get out of this we were never going to wear cotton again and we were definitely going to keep a saw on us. I remember us saying that if one of those widow makers blocked the road out we could have died. I just have a bow saw but thinking about upgrading to a silky or something. Chainsaw is a bit much for me but if you can swing it go ahead. 

Jeans is probably the worst thing to wear. Good you got out safe. I was in the sports business and the fabrics and materials they came out with in the last 25 yrs is unbelievable.
‘I have Huskavana chain saws, bit much. This is
FA6EFDB9-86FF-494D-9C58-35C21C4DBF0F.1653604170.jpeg
 now is in my 4 wheeler, and it’s dam near a chain saw, Got it a Lee Valley. Can cut 8” log less than min. Crow

Grandpa's always have the cool equipment and a lesson to go with it. At least that's been my experience. In my case grampa was more into pocket knives, powder burners and old model A trucks. Lucky for your grandson your into airguns. It's pretty hard to resist the airgun bug when you get around quality airguns and double so when your young! My dad was into airguns and got me started but as a navy man it was mostly lower end pumpers and eventually lower end springers. We made them shoot great tho. Now that dads a grandpa he has some good airguns tho! Most recent he bought us both Texans and I traded him a marauder field target 177 and a Brocock compatto 177. He spoils my daughter relentlessly the same way your doing crow. Getting older isn't all bad. It has some upsides. I'm particularly looking forward to grand kids. Hopefully in at least a decade as mines oly 9 lol. 

Man crowski, sounds like you had some fun on that jaunt! Nice rifle...I bet your grandson had fun with that beautiful rifle. 

crosman2016 thanks have a few Weihrauch’s, that one is special.
It was déjà for me. When I went off trail Lucas caught on real quick, he yells NO—GRANDPA WE’RE GONNA DIE! I yelled back hang on. 
‘That’s twice I’ve had him shooting. He’s taking a liking to it. Crow