Thanks heaven for RD

A lot of pistol shooting in my boat house today. As the title says…… been addicted to red dots. Iron sights are no longer an option for my old eyes.

A7870508-7825-4C9C-8ADA-CCB189872B56.jpeg

AE95D88B-F7F0-4B81-AF1D-3E778C631590.jpeg

A682F38C-C2C6-4FE0-92E4-6CAE57BA3D81.jpeg

2921B8FB-1B41-4D7F-9C5B-DC83790A7453.jpeg

Very nice. Started using tube red dots on several 2240’s last year and have become a big fan of RD on pistols. Same old eyes with corrective lenses issue many have. Just ordered a kit with reflex sight for my HW75. Hated to do it but don’t think I can get all it has to give if I stick with the stock irons. Hard to get old. But still beats the alternative by a long shot.

Back when I was looking at them, I came across a hack to help correct some of the parallax they might have. Especially the cheaper ones.

It involves finding the center of the screen, generally drawing an X from corner to corner. Preferably with something easily removed.
Then centering a hole repair gummy on the X and tracing the center and outside of the gummy creating a two ring bullseye with something permanent.
It works to help make sure the sight is held square to the target.

Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, me too. AP16's (have two) with a red dot sight of some sort.
Yeah, my 72 year old eyes need help too. Iron sights, for the most part don't cut it anymore. Although I've found that the "SeeAll" sights do work well for me. And they are like a cross between an iron and a red dot sight.
I change the sights around sometimes, until I find the right "feel".
The one on this AP16 is a Holosun HE509T-GR, (green) with the Primary Arms licensed, "Vulcan" (chevron) "dot.

1685341450723.jpeg

Mike

Yeah, me too. AP16's (have two) with a red dot sight of some sort.
Yeah, my 72 year old eyes need help too. Iron sights, for the most part don't cut it anymore. Although I've found that the "SeeAll" sights do work well for me. And they are like a cross between an iron and a red dot sight.
I change the sights around sometimes, until I find the right "feel".
The one on this AP16 is a Holosun HE509T-GR, (green) with the Primary Arms licensed, "Vulcan" (chevron) "dot.

View attachment 360269

Mike
The "SeeAll" sites are interesting I've wonder about them :unsure: I might have to do some more research on them, and see if they will fit on any of my pistols:unsure:

Last edited: