• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Thank You Huma-Air Tech Support!

During last year's Black Friday sale, one of the items I bought directly from Huma was a regulator for my Boss I had at the time.

One thing led to another, and I ended up putting that reg (same Huma SKU) into a .22 Royale instead.

I wanted to tame that Royale down to shoot JSB 15.89's at +/-880 fps, and start working from there. Well, I took that reg down from factory (Boss?) setting of 140 to 125 to 110 and then down to 90, and my pellet speed dropped by all of about 10 fps total!

So yesterday I decide to shoot a long shot string (reg set at 90) to see what it looked like. It looked just like I was shooting an unregulated gun.

Using the 'Get Technical Support' feature on their web site, I contacted Huma-Air yesterday afternoon (CA time, well after they were closed for the day), and explained what I was seeing.

Got up this morning and they had responded, asking me if I could provide a digital copy of the shot string data (something you can't do on their web site's 'request technical assistance' page.

I provided the long shot string data and the tech agreed - looked like an unregulated gun. He provided a photo of the Boss/Royale/Bobcat regulator showing a dimension he wanted me to measure, and told me about what it should be. Sure enough, my dimension was 1+mm longer than it should have been. Knowing the thread pitch of the brass collar screw he recommended turning it in 3 turns, and then setting the reg to 110 and see what happens.

I now have a regulated rifle!

I'm certain that I didn't turn that screw out 3 full turns (my total adjustments were less than 1/4 of a turn), so I don't know if it was sent out incorrectly, or maybe it was set correctly for a Boss, which was what I purchased it for. I have asked tech support the Boss question, but I asked it after hours so I should get an answer tomorrow.

In the end, a big THANK YOU to Huma-Air for an excellent level of customer support.

And, I guess, a big THANK YOU to FX Airguns for their externally adjustable AMP regulators. I'm getting pretty good at it, but I sure am tired of taking my Royale apart every time I want to make a little change to the reg pressure!