Tuning Thank You FX USA Customer Support!

Within the past month I have had two very positive encounters with FX USA Customer Service that I would like to share with everyone.

Back near the end of March my Crown (late 2018 vintage) that I bought used started acting-up. The regulated pressure gauge was all over the map. I could shoot the gun and watch the regulated pressure gauge settle out at any number between 130 and 200 bar. I thought ‘Oh crap, which one of the 10 thousand O-rings in this thing is causing this problem’? I knew it was out of warranty and was ‘sweating bullets’ thinking this was going to turn into a vacation in North Carolina for my Crown. I called FX Customer Support and a very nice lady (Kayla I think?) answered the phone. In no time at all she put me through to one of their techs named Newman and I explained the symptoms. He listened patiently to my story and answered “no problem, I know exactly what is wrong with your Crown”. He asked a couple of questions about my level of comfort regarding working on my own air guns and we both decided that I was capable of doing the repair myself. He told me it was the 2 teeny tiny O-rings on the Regulator adjusting screw and that he would be happy to send them to me. He also told me the size and I was able to source them locally on my own. He gave me the step by step instructions on the whole repair and once I had the O-rings in hand it literally took me less than an hour to have my gun back in working order. THANK YOU NEWMAN!

Fast forward a couple of weeks to mid-April. I bought a very nice Dreamline Lite out of the classifieds here on AGN. The gun shoots great and I am extremely happy with my purchase, thanks @jasmlowe ! I notice that a friend of mine who also owns a Dreamline has this nifty little plastic bushing that goes between the barrel shroud and the bottle adapter just in front of the receiver to add a little stiffness to that long (600 mm) barrel. My gun did not have that nifty bushing. I started doing some research here on AGN and found out that FX had started adding those ‘Dreamline Barrel Support’ bushings to the guns to help keep the barrels from clanking against the air bottle / cylinder. From what I read it seemed like FX was giving the bushing away as a warranty part to anyone whose gun was under warranty that called them and asked for one. So three days ago I made another call to FX Customer Service and talked to a very nice rep named Melissa. I told her what part I was looking for and that I had bought this gun used and that I thought based on the bottle ‘born on date’ that the gun was probably out of warranty. I told her I was perfectly willing to pay for the part but she said “no, regardless of if your gun is still under warranty or not I can send you that part for free”. She asked me to measure the outside diameter of the shroud because apparently there are two different sizes. I told her the size of the shroud and she said “no problem, that part is in stock and I will send it right out to you”. THANK YOU MELISSA!

So this is a ‘virtual high five’ to all of the folks at FX USA in Wilmington North Carolina. Thank you, we appreciate you!

Chip in Florida.

Reactions: qball
Good customer care and service is paramount in where i spend my money.

I would never be able to say buy a rifle ( new or used ) in some far away country. Actually i cant even sell things used for the fear of me not being able to do the right thing for a buyer.

In my entire life i have some 1 thing used, and that was my Amiga 500 computer.

I am a bit sad i can not get service like that from the FX factory as Americans get from FX USA, so i am 100% leaning on the seller of my Maverick here.

Of course market size probably have a say in what i can expect even from the premier seller of FX in Denmark, hence why i said the FX factory in Sweden as it is after all just around the corner in US size comparison.

Couple months back I ordered a couple FX parts that I realized were MISLABELED on the Impact 2 schematic. After I contacted FXUSA Melissa immediately sent out the correct part for FREE even though it was more expensive than the part I originally ordered. I posted a Kudos in the manufacturer feedback section. It's great to find a customer service dept that actually gives customer service! Sadly, that's a rare commodity these days but not with FX.

I've emailed them a few times with general questions and they've been great. I just had an issue with an air leak at the 2nd reg adjustment screw on my Maverick. Emailed them looking for a source of the o-rings and instead got a response saying new o-rings are on the way!! Fed-Ex 2 day... WHAT!!?? AWESOME customer service!! Thank you FX USA

They are great there. Pick up the phone immediately. We talked about the 1st gen crown and the warranty was only 2 years and the new generation crowns are 3 yrs. Careful turning up reg. pressure on the 1st gens, tends to flatten the crush washer's and when you turn down the reg pressure it looses air. It was a learning game. The gun was perfect from the factory, shouldn't of touched it.