• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

TEXtreme 2023 EFT Grand Prix Match Announcement And Details

Friends,

It occurs to me that some of you might not realize we will be not only using timers in the Grand Prix rifle matches, but enforcing the time limits without exception(s); per the national Extreme Field Target Grand Prix rules.

10. Time limits for stages and/or lanes must be enforced. Recommended time is 1 minute set up, and 30 seconds per shot.

Our lanes being six shots per lane, the time limit to shoot your six shots on each lane is four minutes. Any trip of the trigger-sear is considered a shot, regardless whether or not a pellet is fired. And shots not taken within the four minuts time limit are recorded as misses (zeroes) on the shooter's score-card.

Although we won't abide by every national Extreme Field Target Grand Prix rule, we will abide by and enforce most of them. Hence it is a good idea to read and understand them, as posted on the national Extreme Field Target website at extremefieldtarget.com . It's also a good idea to review and understand our TEXtreme FT Rules attached to this post.

The TEXtreme Pistol FT rules are also attached. We WILL NOT use timers in the pistol match.

Other rules that bear reminding include the 100 foot pound Rifle power limit, the 20 foot pound Pistol power limit, and only all-lead PELLETS are allowed. No slugs are allowed in TEXtreme Field Target matches; nor any projectiles that I CONSIDER slugs, despite how they might be creatively marketed as a "pellet". Neither one, nor anything similar, is a pellet at TEXtreme Airgun Sports Global Headquarters Shooting Complex.

1684952989274.png
1684953150318.png

Be aware that any cheating or non-adherence to the rules may result in disqualification, expulsion, and/or banning from the TEXtreme Airgun Sports venue. Same goes for unsafe gun handling or behavior.

On a lighter note, all 2023 TEXtreme Grand Prix competitors are invited to the Saturday, June 3 group dinner courtesy of and hosted by Airguns Of Arizona. The buffet-style dinner catered by China Wok restaurant will be served about 7 PM at the BCP Loft in Clifton. MANY THANKS, AIRGUNS OF ARIZONA!

As usual, I might have overlooked something(s) in this Grand Prix reminder. So, as usual, don't be too surprised if more reminders follow.

Thank You,
Ron & Maggyy

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
Folks, there was an error in the time listed for the Sunday Rifle Match #2 Shooters Meeting in the 2023 GP Everything pdf file attached to my original post in this thread, AND in my post of earlier today. The previous attachments showed the Sunday Shooters Meeting for Rifle Match # 2 at noon, THAT IS INCORRECT. Sunday's Shooters Meeting for Rifle Match #2 will be at 11 AM.

SATURDAY'S Shooters Meeting for Rifle Match #1 will be at noon.

A corrected 2023 GP Everything file is attached to this post.

Now to answer the latest question. Same as last year, you must start the timer before you look through your scope.

Sorry for my tech-retardation, Y'all.

View attachment 2023 GP Everything pdf.pdf

Some of you like to have all the target distances in advance of the matches to transpose your scope settings onto. So the Rifle and Pistol matches target distances are attached to this post.

Reminder- the Saturday Rifle Match #1 Shooters Meeting is at noon, and Sunday's Rifle Match #2 Shooters Meeting is at 11 AM.

View attachment TFT Targ Distances pdf.pdf

Day 1 of rifle is over….again hot, humid, and sunny. What the hell is this humidity? We don’t have this stuff in Arizona like here in Texas. AOA sponsored a dinner last night and almost everybody showed up and a lot of getting to know new folks happened during the night.

A thunder and lightning storm came through last night and today a possibility or rain throughout the match.

Oh and guess what……wait for it….it’s supposed to be humid today 😳

Tony P