• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

TEXtreme 2023 EFT Grand Prix Match Announcement And Details

TEXtreme Friends,:)

With less than three weeks till the big 2023 Extreme Field Target Grand Prix weekend at TEXtreme Airgun Sports World Headquarters Shooting Complex:rolleyes:, I suppose it's time to get off my duff and send out all the specifics. Since that requires several pages of documents, I've decided to roll them into one pdf file and attach it to this post.

Hopefully I've covered most everything you need to know; and hopefully this time accurately. But if not, as usual I'll follow with additions and corrections in other posts.

Also as usual, feel free to email or call me with questions. Maggyy and I really look forward to seeing Y'all June 2-4 for the biggest and bestest TEXtreme competition weekend ever. See the attachment for all the details.

See You Soon,
Ron & Maggyy
254-253-1239

1684204976511.png

Last edited:
FYI for the 2023 EFT GP National Championship series...:

Points available will be as follows (shooters MUST complete both days):

15 to 24 shooters – 6 points

25 to 34 shooters – 7 points

35 to 44 shooters – 8 points

45+ shooters – 9 points

The MD will determine in advance of the event (and publish) how the points will be distributed. ½ point increments are allowed. First place will NEVER be greater than 3 points. Points may be awarded out through 5 places at discretion of the MD.

The "attendance" GP point (or 1/2 point) described in the attached PDF is only applicable to shooters that complete both days of competition.

*** A MAXIMUM of SIX (6) points may be carried forward to the EFT GP finals at EBR, not matter how many are earned during the GP season. ***

MDs will determine how “ties” will be settled in advance for 1st through 5th positions. It could be most hits at the longest target, or longest streak, or a shoot off from bucket and sticks. At MD’s discretion published in advance. Shoot off is preferred for the top 3 positions if at all possible.

Clubs must report the points awarded to AoA after their event. AoA will post results and season totals on their web site. Lists of competitors provided to AoA will include the shooter’s name, e-mail address and cell phone number.

Last edited:
Thanks for filling in some holes in my information Mike, and reminding me why I left one hole unfilled. Not knowing how many GP points I'll have available to award, hard to publicize how I'll award a mystery number of points. However I'll do so anyway, based on my best speculation(s).

First place in the rifle competition will be awarded 3 GP points, second place 2 points, and third place 1 point. Should I have another point available to award, fourth and fifth places will each receive .5 point. And if I have yet another point available to award, sixth and seventh places will each receive .5 point. So on, and so forth.

I will conduct shoot-offs to settle ties in first through fifth places in the rifle competition. Tied competitors unwilling or unable to participate in shoot-offs will be relegated to the lower place in the standings, unless both/all tied competitors are unwilling or unable to participate in a shoot-off; whereupon I will resort to my publicized order of tie-breakers-

1) Shoot-off, if agreed by tied competitors. 2) Most cleaned lanes. 3) High standing lane score. 4) Coin flip. 5) Pissin’ match.

Thanks again Mike.(y)

Reactions: Centercut
Thought I'd share a little eye candy of some of what Y'all will be shooting for at the June 2-4 Extreme Field Target Grand Prix.

Athlon.jpg

The 4-20X50 Athlon Heras SPR rifle scope goes to the Rifle Champion. One of the Athlon Talos 20-60X80 spotting scopes goes to the Pistol Champion; the other spotting scope goes to a lucky door prize winner.

My wife and I are excited to come down to Texas. I’m interested to know if you will announce how many you have signed up for the match already or closer to the date? Lord willing the weather is nice and not 100+ degrees like last year! 🥵
Glad y'all are coming, CD. Unfortunately I won't announce how many I have signed up because I don't require or encourage pre-registrations. Consequently announcing the number of pre-registrants would be counter-productive.

I expect 30+ shooters.

Reactions: okieairgunner
Glad y'all are coming, CD. Unfortunately I won't announce how many I have signed up because I don't require or encourage pre-registrations. Consequently announcing the number of pre-registrants would be counter-productive.

I expect 30+ shooters.
Well, I didn’t think about it like that. Maybe that was my problem I was not thinking. My apologies for my silly question. See y’all soon.

Now Ron please tell me you skinned it, cleaned it, and cut it up into bite sized pieces and cooked it in some butter and garlic.....🤠

Are your ears still ringing😎

Tony P.

You're supposed to skin, clean, cut up, and COOK them before eating them, Tony?:oops: In Texas we eat them like sushi!

BTW, I saved some for you and Barb.(y)