• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Texas Field Target is closing.

edited w missing info.

Ladies and Gentleman, it is with a saddened heart and heavy head that I am posting this final announcement for Texas Field Target.

As of February 1, 2024 Texas Field Target will no longer be holding long range field target matches and will making its website inactive after midnight March 1st, 2024. The public pages including all prior posted content and photographs will still be available for viewing until March 1st.

TFT members will gladly be given a full refund for their memberships. Please contact the following to initiate your request.

[email protected]

Please note only the original payment method can be refunded without delay but still may take up to 90 days to process due to third party card handling.

All TFT Members, paid and gratis, will be receiving additional information via their account email.This email communication
will be regarding our privacy policy and data handling notifications regarding the site being in an inactive status.

S&S Custom Targets and online match registrations for Boerne Field Target will be moving to the refreshed Cosine Sports Solutions store page in the coming month. We plan on a seamless transition with little downtime and thank you for your patience.

The Boerne Field Target Club’s schedule remains unchanged.
20 fpe field target matches will still be held at the Boerne Shooting Club and will continue to be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Please contact [email protected]
for more information about the 20 fpe field target matches in Boerne, TX.

N50 Benchrest at Boerne Shooting Club will also remain unchanged and will be shot on the 3rd Saturday of each month in the afternoon and evenings.

The Boerne Shooting Club’s 100 yd range will also remain open the 2nd Saturday of each month for airguns. The disciplines will be 100yd Benchrest and Luftwaren Shutzenverin. More to come on that one in the match announcements.

I would like to thank you all who were part of Texas Field Target and a special thanks to the members for showing your support for the sport.

May God bless Texas and all things airgun.

-SqrlHntr

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentleman, it is with a saddened heart and heavy head that I am posting this final announcement for Texas Field Target.

As of February 1, 2024 Texas Field Target will no longer be holding long range field target matches and will making its website inactive after midnight March 1st, 2024. The public pages including all prior posted content and photographs will still be available for viewing until March 1st.

TFT members will be given a full refund for their memberships. Please contact the following to initiate your request.

[email protected]

Please note only the original payment method can be refunded and may take up to 90 days to process.

All TFT Members, paid and gratis, will be receiving additional information via their account email.This email communication
will be regarding our privacy policy and data handling notifications regarding the site being in an inactive status.

S&S Custom Targets and online match registrations for Boerne Field Target will be moving to the refreshed Cosine Sports Solutions store page in the coming month. We plan on a seamless transition with little downtime and thank you for your patience.

The Boerne Field Target Club’s schedule remains unchanged.
20 fpe field target matches will still be held at the Boerne Shooting Club and will continue to be held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Please contact [email protected]
for more information about the 20 fpe field target matches in Boerne, TX.

I would like to thank you all who were part of Texas Field Target and a special thanks to the members for showing your support for the sport.

May God bless Texas and all things airgun.

-SqrlHntr
What about bench rest?

I didn't mean for the question to be contentions, AT ALL! I apologize if it came out that way. I was just curious if the gun range kicked out the airgunners. Given that the sport is growing, I'm really just curious what happened.

Thank you for the apology. Not to me, but the OP that made the mood clear in his first sentence. Familiar with "read the room"?

Thanks again for the apology.(y)

The Boerne Shooting Club welcomes any airgun discipline the property can reasonably accommodate and long range field target is included.

My apologies for the missing information and have updated the original post. Thank you for pointing that out, drafts and revisions get out of sort sometimes.

N50 Benchrest will also remain unchanged and will be shot on the 3rd Saturday of each month in the afternoon and evenings.

The Boerne Shooting Club’s 100 yd range will also remain open the 2nd Saturday of each month for airguns. The disciplines will be 100yd Benchrest and Luftwaren Shutzenverin. More to come on that one in the match announcements.

People are naturally curious and asking questions as to the reason or reasons. I do also rightfully owe the airgun community an explanation. So I will simply say these few things publically for now.

There are many challenges in any business and in life. In the arena of long range field target very few of us are just crazy enough to individually take on challenges the sport presents, both in general and in each of our respective locations. Competition, business environments and the operating climates of our personal and professional lives can all change and shift trajectories at anytime. But perhaps the seas will eventually calm and another opportunity comes along to sail again.

At this time I think it would simply be unbecoming and could unintentionally work to the sports’ and airgun shooters’ disservice to discuss the specific environment and challenges that are and were faced with Texas Field Target. Might be best if we all shift our focus back to shooting as many matches as we can and keep promoting airguns to the best of our abilities.

Thanks again for reading and hope to see you on the lanes!

People are naturally curious and asking questions as to the reason or reasons. I do also rightfully owe the airgun community an explanation. So I will simply say these few things publically for now.

There are many challenges in any business and in life. In the arena of long range field target very few of us are just crazy enough to individually take on challenges the sport presents, both in general and in each of our respective locations. Competition, business environments and the operating climates of our personal and professional lives can all change and shift trajectories at anytime. But perhaps the seas will eventually calm and another opportunity comes along to sail again.

At this time I think it would simply be unbecoming and could unintentionally work to the sports’ and airgun shooters’ disservice to discuss the specific environment and challenges that are and were faced with Texas Field Target. Might be best if we all shift our focus back to shooting as many matches as we can and keep promoting airguns to the best of our abilities.

Hate to hear this. It's a really enjoyable activity and it just stinks to hear that another venue got shut down. Already not many places to do it. Bummer that there's one fewer now.

Support the little guys.

I truly hope things work out for you in the future. I agree if Airgun enthusiasts passionately supported everything they could. This being high prize fund events and no prize fund events. There would be less of a cliff or contrast in attendance. The masses have no idea what goes on behind the scenes for match directors. The example in some cases, the sponsors blind greed and manipulation that they try and in some cases succeed in controlling the rules, other sponsor participation,equipment and even who gets to sign up before the public. Until the consumer demands more of the industry. Will they be forced to provide it. IMO sun light is the best disinfectant and if more consumers knew the details changes would have to be made. Ask yourself this the next time you look at an event and its match directors. What is their purpose and what drives it. Because like you there are others that do it because they love the sport and in most cases make zero profit from it. While others are about trying to control all things,from who attends, to the sponsors and the prices of our toys and accessories. So seek out the little guy,that is giving it his all like sqrlhuntr. Beware of shiny bright easy distractions. Just my 2 cents.

I am saddened by this revelation. I understand the frustration of being strangled and forced out of doing something you love! The same is happening to me.
The Big Boys don’t play fair and when they want it all to themselves they just push you to the curb. Plus they have their minions bad mouthing what you do or make. Guess that’s called “ Denialbe Plausibility. They don’t appear to get their hands dirty!
I haven’t shot since July due to some medical issues and I greatly miss it. But I sure as hell don’t miss the politics. I am going to get stronger and will be back in the saddle again!.

Sturkis