Texas Deer Hunting

Season is approaching. What will you carry into the field this year, and what's on your wish list for this task? I think Texas requires 215 FPE, what are some options that will fill this requirement?
O deer.jpg

I don't know, I'm just saying a lot of people would trade places with you. We have so many deer where I live it's hard to drive at night without hitting one. I'd give up deer to live in the islands as long as I could bring my family. View attachment 287858
Be careful what you wish for,...living on the Island isn't what tourist broshures make it look like, it's a true struggle unless you are wealthy.

Been planning a move to the mainland or Europe for sometimes now, baby coming in late October is the only thing keeping me here.

Reactions: Clear Fork
I just personally got one as well planning on melting a few deer with it.. It is such a kick and fun to shoot!!!
Got 3 this season with the Zeus. The knockdown power is insane. I usually hunt with a 243 and though I've never really had to trail one, they'll usually run for a few yds, but with the Zeus inside 40yds with the Lucky 7 frangibles, all 3 just dropped where they stood.

I had an ATN digital scope on my Zeus and had hoped to get some footage this year , but after every shot with the Zeus, the scope would turn itself off. The recoil on this gun is just insane, and I removed the scope for fear I would destroy it.

BUT, I absolutely love this gun!