• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Texas Airgun Clubs

I’m in Houston. Today I went to the Bayou Rifle plinkaton with my 30 cal FX Impact compact. Knocked down steel turkeys at 75 yards. The guys were amazed. They shoot the 3rd Saturday of the month from 7:30 until 11:30. It’s really a 22lr match, but they are looking to have more folks shooting. Bring the kids and woman they shoot free. It’s free the first time you shoot, then $5 after that. Bring all safety equipment (eyes and ears). Masks are required when not on the firing line. It’s knock down so if your shooting 22 pellets or slugs then stick with the chickens at 25 yards or the pigs at 40 yards. My 30 cal slaughter them. I didn’t knock down the Rams at 100 though.

I would really like the PRS style better. It’s hits not knock down, but no one is offering that in Houston. CCC in Navasota has the 22lr PRS, but that’s an 1:50minutes from my house in Sugar Land. Any suggestions for a place to shoot just for fun would be welcome. American Shooting Center is close, but you maybe next to an AR-10 at 50 yards. 

I’m open to starting a group if we can find a close in location. My thoughts Doug

this match is open to members and nonmembers at Bayou Rifle off of Eldridge Parkway very close to I-10.

Ranchito Robinson has held two monthly long-range Airgun Benchrest Silhouette matches since the CHINESE PLAGUE crippled the United States of America. We space the shooting benches exactly 2', 11-3/4" apart, and have eliminated competitor hugging (and tongues).

I'm there too. I drive down from Dallas. Between the beauty of the range and Ron's friendly and generous hospitality, it is one of the more enjoyable shoots on my list.

Crusher

I live in texas also. It is very hard to find other people to shoot with in my area and to find events in Texas. I have started a facebook for texas airgun shooters only. I am hoping this will make it easier to meet others in each area to shoot with and to promote more events. If you live in Texas I would like to invite you and your friends to join. The group is called Texas Airgun Shooters. Here is the link- Texas Airgun Shooters | Facebook

Ranchito Robinson has held two monthly long-range Airgun Benchrest Silhouette matches since the CHINESE PLAGUE crippled the United States of America. We space the shooting benches exactly 2', 11-3/4" apart, and have eliminated competitor hugging (and tongues).

I'm there too. I drive down from Dallas. Between the beauty of the range and Ron's friendly and generous hospitality, it is one of the more enjoyable shoots on my list.

Crusher

Thought I had the solution when I joined the Dallas Pistol Club ... no joy.

.22LR and WMR acceptable but not Airguns over .177 at limited FPS.

Seems that there would be more interest in the area.