• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Texan 50 Recoil..Always fighting it!!!!

Well I decided to do a lil stock maintenance on my Texan 50... The one screw that goes into the receiver at the pistol grip is stripped out ..I'm on my second one in about 500 rounds. The screw is just a normal low grade machine screw...Not grade 8 or anything.. The stock is fixed at the front clamping onto the 11mm rail...its much stronger . So I don't really now what to do but buy more screws .. Recoil on my 50 isn't normal and really tears up and moves things around... My Texan ripped the threads outta frame with factory for end on it shooting off of BOG tripod..Thus the reason for a real stock.. I shoot atleast 500 rounds a year..

16886175782132786451127360351457.jpg

I need the foot pounds only reason I got a 50 cal..
Ok understand. Here you can't hunt with an airgun, not any caliber
I have one custom airgun with .510 barrel and .45 barrel. Both are without muzzle break, need to get a muzzle brake on both. Even my .223 needs muzzle break or it jumps/moves on the table in the wrong direction. Not straight back.
However, I only shoot at the shooting range myself, so noise is not a problem

Can you get aftermarket stock on Texan? Isn't Maddog make stocks ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
This was my first PCP. Lol Big bore big power might be a learning curve for most PCP manufacturer s. Airguns need better barrels than are powder burner cousin s. I have learned a lot!!! I've rebuilt my yong Heng compressor 5 times. Casted a few hundred pounds of slugs. Learned to shake and bake powder coating 👍Built a industrial big bore bullet trap... recycle all slugs 100 percent..none in my clover plot..My setup is finally reliable consistent at least 3moa to 125 yards. I can't make long range you tube videos with mine 😐 Maybe one day get a or make a 1 moa big bore😁

I still think Walther takes the bad blanks and makes airgun barrel, and the good blanks go to their precision firearms. Just my opinion having looked at a few.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Haven't seen match barrels on webpage anymore. Where they disappeared to...But still rather take Shilen, Krieger, Bartlein etc . Same price range.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore