Texan 50 CF Carbine

Had/have no idea if AF will do a 50 cal in the carbine.. first I have heard of them doing one is your post.

I would be surprised if AF does a 50cal carbine

you have inside info on AF putting a 50 carbine out?

I have had my full size Texan 50CF out a couple times.. have yet to shoot anything other then the NSA 388g HP’s or check the FPE on it.

But I will say it’s the most powerful PCP that I own by far..

Think of your Tank as the Engine and the Barrel as the Transmission, cut the barrel and you cut a gear 

Here is what I have found with any of the Texan Carbines Vs Long Rifle

When you are shooting lighter bullets in the caliber range you will not see any real difference in Velocity that being said once you cross the preverbal line from light to heavy lead in the Caliber you are shooting you will see a dramatic drop in FPS and FPE

The .50 Cals has a pretty dramatic ballistic arch as it is and it takes some FPS to keep you from having to treat your gun as a mortar shooter. 

Shooting from a Heli your working with gravity and it will not be as noticeable but ground to ground is a whole different story.

So I was wrong

looks like the 50 cal will be available in the carbine as well as the SS.. just checked AF web page. 45 or 50 cal now

9E505874-E788-43CB-8B49-530EF6223D5B.1611348123.png

I have a standard .50CF and cast my own.

By far the best bullet is the Lee 515-450F sized to .510 and lubed in all grease grooves.

https://leeprecision.com/mold-dc-515-450f.html

As barrels get shorter you need to up the bullet weight to get optimum energy, that or live with the (minimal) loss.

With heavier bullets and slower speed comes pumkin-chunkin trajectory.

with the 50 if going Texan I’d get the full length CF rifle. I have the .457 CF carbine now and I’m getting 450FPE with a 281g NSA. Called Airforce today and they said the new Carbine 50 would be at 500FPE with a 388g slug and the carbine would be avl end of March first of April.

I’ll wait on Extreme to offer a .510 cal.. Extreme told me about 6 more weeks they would be offering the .510

Just snagged one of the lss 457 caliber ones for my first big bore... thought about the 50, but I have all the gear to cast 457 and 458 bullets and not for the 50.

Supposedly the 457 shorter barrel has plenty of oomph right? I can't see why they couldn't do the same thing with the .510 caliber one with the higher pressure tank.

That would be worth checking out I think.