Airforce Texan 308 “Blemished” purchase

I bought a blemished 308 Texan this week. This is not a flame post, but just to serve as informational. I was expecting some nicked edges on the aluminum (which it has), or some odd coloration in the bluing (which it also has), or some imperfections in the molded poly parts (also present). I really did not expect ALL of those things AND RUST! I should be able to fix up everything (with the exception of the poly parts) and will eventually ceracote it, but wow. I really didn’t think I was getting something in this kind of shape. It almost appears used, but I don’t know that for sure. The crown has rust, but the bore doesn’t appear to have any. My endoscope is just a little too large to get into a 308. Just a warning to all who were thinking about saving a couple hundred bucks, know what you could be getting into. If you don’t have the capabilities to re-blue, deburr sharp edges or nicks, or ceracote/duracote to cover any cosmetic imperfections then you may want to spend the extra couple hundo and get a Texan that is in pristine condition like they usually come!
IMG_8587.jpeg
IMG_8577.jpeg
IMG_8575.jpeg
IMG_8579.jpeg
IMG_8582.jpeg
IMG_8583.jpeg
IMG_8585.jpeg
IMG_8586.jpeg
IMG_8576.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8584.jpeg

Did you buy it directly from Airforce? Not sure if NOS/ Blemish is considered the same. If you did buy directly from Airforce can they provide a manufacturing date? I noticed it’s in the 4000 range. Also the dust in the nooks and crannies looks exactly like the dust I get when I put my guns in soft cases.
Yes, it’s direct from AirForce

This is what “blemish/blemishes/blemished” means to me-

Used is used I expect blemishes

NOS with blemishes- Old stock with manufacturing defects.-yes

New/recent production-but with blemishes, manufacturing defects-yes, mismatched bluing- yes, imperfections in molded parts- yes.
Me personally, I would contact Airforce to voice my concerns.

jaygreig your level approach to this subject is commendable to say the least.
I would suspect the gun was used. Having said that, it should have never left the shipping dock looking like that.
I will withhold my opinions cuz there is no nice way to say what I think.
Hope it all works out for you.