• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Airforce Texan 308 “Blemished” purchase

20231030_185025.jpg

that was all I could find on it, now I'm looking over the whole gun again lol

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Did you notice the world record Airforce had a ER Shaw 308 barrel.....Not Lother Wather.... I worked at ER Shaw there just normal production grade barrels.....Some of the Airforce Lother Wather big bore barrels are not good...
World Record. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are... :ROFLMAO:

If he call service the next day it arrived.. you could be sure..Rachel would send him another gun. As soon as that one arrived..if he wait for a email response instead of callin and days just passed by.. really difficult to resolve unless they received his email with the pics the same day he got the gun, even when they open the email the next day .. costumer service is flawless at AF .. I would not blame like the whole company when maybe the dumb nuts who pic the gun to be shipped, was not a airguner , and didn't care of the condition of the gun . There are people like that they simply don't care .. they say is not my company I'm here by the hour ..

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I bought a blemished 308 Texan this week. This is not a flame post, but just to serve as informational. I was expecting some nicked edges on the aluminum (which it has), or some odd coloration in the bluing (which it also has), or some imperfections in the molded poly parts (also present). I really did not expect ALL of those things AND RUST! I should be able to fix up everything (with the exception of the poly parts) and will eventually ceracote it, but wow. I really didn’t think I was getting something in this kind of shape. It almost appears used, but I don’t know that for sure. The crown has rust, but the bore doesn’t appear to have any. My endoscope is just a little too large to get into a 308. Just a warning to all who were thinking about saving a couple hundred bucks, know what you could be getting into. If you don’t have the capabilities to re-blue, deburr sharp edges or nicks, or ceracote/duracote to cover any cosmetic imperfections then you may want to spend the extra couple hundo and get a Texan that is in pristine condition like they usually come!View attachment 391174View attachment 391183View attachment 391182View attachment 391181View attachment 391184View attachment 391178View attachment 391175View attachment 391180View attachment 391185

View attachment 391176

View attachment 391177

View attachment 391179
I bought a blemished 308 Texan this week. This is not a flame post, but just to serve as informational. I was expecting some nicked edges on the aluminum (which it has), or some odd coloration in the bluing (which it also has), or some imperfections in the molded poly parts (also present). I really did not expect ALL of those things AND RUST! I should be able to fix up everything (with the exception of the poly parts) and will eventually ceracote it, but wow. I really didn’t think I was getting something in this kind of shape. It almost appears used, but I don’t know that for sure. The crown has rust, but the bore doesn’t appear to have any. My endoscope is just a little too large to get into a 308. Just a warning to all who were thinking about saving a couple hundred bucks, know what you could be getting into. If you don’t have the capabilities to re-blue, deburr sharp edges or nicks, or ceracote/duracote to cover any cosmetic imperfections then you may want to spend the extra couple hundo and get a Texan that is in pristine condition like they usually come!View attachment 391174View attachment 391183View attachment 391182View attachment 391181View attachment 391184View attachment 391178View attachment 391175View attachment 391180View attachment 391185

View attachment 391176

View attachment 391177

View attachment 391179
I recently purchased an Airforce Texan SS CF BLEM. I could not find any blemishes on the one I bought. Have you contacted Airforce about the condition of the rifle you received? If not I would contact them and see if they would replace it.