• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tethering ?

Gotcha! Not for me though, I like to have the flexibility of just having the filling station attached to the tank and using attachments to fill the items I wish to fill.
Not for everyone but attachment is finger tight. Not hard to switch. Can also make it a 'inline' setup with quick disconnect like Tom shows in the video above. I was hesitant too. Because I don't like transporting the tank with it on so I just unscrew it before I take off bench. It's nice to shoot without needing to refill, or lose that one shot because gun just got off the reg. Even with my 700cc tank I fall off the reg fairly fast. I can go all day on the big bottle.

Allen

Reactions: whyzee
I use the Altaros reg. It is a bit fragile, don't drop it or make any changes at all when it's pressurized, There are a bunch of parts threaded together on the unit that are all O-ring sealed...you know what happens to o-rings that are manipulated under pressure. I am very tempted by the Aqua Environment listed above, seems a bargain for that kind of regulator, looks robust. For my hunting guns, those that only get a handful of shots on a fill, a regulator is a must for setting up on the bench...just no fun to take a shot and re-gas, take a shot and re-gas...

Chris

Alright, google cant give me a straight answer😵‍💫🤷‍♂️
sooooo: how does this work?
I am still a baby in the pcp world😅
I'd love to attach a bigger bottle like that
Just a couple things that I did not mention and not sure if it was discussed.

1. Many gun regulators regulate air presure very well when input air pressure is in a certain window above the regulator set point. Let's say a certain regulator set at 100 bar works best when bottle pressure is between 130 and 160 bar. So that's easy set the tethered out air pressure at the best point between there. Note on many of my guns when the bottle pressure gets too close to the reg pressure things get weird. It's like having a m3 without having a fx m3 on every regulated gun you have.

2. Many guns have a maximum bottle pressure you should never go beyond. Guess what? Your limit to the tethered bottle is most likely much higher and the regulated air coming out of the tethered line can be set at any pressure you desire.

3. Even non regulated guns can benefit with a regulated tethered output as most of them also have a sweet spot where they shoot their best. Otherwise you have to remember the shot will slowly change after each shot and subsequent pressure change.

Depending on how much air you have in the bottle this can give you unlimited shots without stopping to refill.

And yes you can just hook the hose to your gun with certain limitations to bottle pressure without a regulator but if you can afford a regulator there are benefits to having one!

Allen

Just a couple things that I did not mention and not sure if it was discussed.

1. Many gun regulators regulate air presure very well when input air pressure is in a certain window above the regulator set point. Let's say a certain regulator set at 100 bar works best when bottle pressure is between 130 and 160 bar. So that's easy set the tethered out air pressure at the best point between there. Note on many of my guns when the bottle pressure gets too close to the reg pressure things get weird. It's like having a m3 without having a fx m3 on every regulated gun you have.

2. Many guns have a maximum bottle pressure you should never go beyond. Guess what? Your limit to the tethered bottle is most likely much higher and the regulated air coming out of the tethered line can be set at any pressure you desire.

3. Even non regulated guns can benefit with a regulated tethered output as most of them also have a sweet spot where they shoot their best. Otherwise you have to remember the shot will slowly change after each shot and subsequent pressure change.

Depending on how much air you have in the bottle this can give you unlimited shots without stopping to refill.

And yes you can just hook the hose to your gun with certain limitations to bottle pressure without a regulator but if you can afford a regulator there are benefits to having one!

Allen
I am LOVING your knowledge 🤗
So...I know it's been asked before; but what's a good size?🤔 I hand pump🤷‍♂️ its not much for me; I like the exercise 😅🥴

For my Panther, and being fortunate to own an Alkin Compressor that will top off a 100 bar on a 4500 psi tank in less than 10 minutes, and having two Great White tanks, I keep one at max pressure and one (the tether tank) at 250 bar, the max charging pressure. When the tether tank gets down close to the rifle’s reg pressure, I simply fill it back to 250 bar.

I am LOVING your knowledge 🤗
So...I know it's been asked before; but what's a good size?🤔 I hand pump🤷‍♂️ its not much for me; I like the exercise 😅🥴
What a hand pump? I recommend a 4 stage if you pump to high pressures (takes a little bit longer, but not as hard) if not use a 3 stage to get there faster.

For tank to tether to I recommend as large as you can afford or a convenient size that you can carry.

And thanks the majority of my knowledge about airguns is thru this forum and knowing when to question the answers you read.

😊👍

Allen

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
What a hand pump? I recommend a 4 stage if you pump to high pressures (takes a little bit longer, but not as hard) if not use a 3 stage to get there faster.

For tank to tether to I recommend as large as you can afford or a convenient size that you can carry.

And thanks the majority of my knowledge about airguns is thru this forum and knowing when to question the answers you read.

😊👍

Allen
Thank youuuuu!!!🤗
I do have a 3 stage Hill
I've been learning as much as possible; it's such a vast topic here though😵‍💫🥴🤪🤙

Reactions: csolf
OK, after almost pulling the trigger on an Aqua environment regulator off their site, I decided to check Ebay...lo and behold there are two auctions for used 415-5000. Each auction had 2 regs. I bought one, got it in, cleaned it up, put the right fittings on it for me and twa-la, it works a treat, for $90 (I low balled the $109 auction to $90 and it was accepted). There are still three of the regs left in two separate auctions, here:
and here:

Guys, this is a seriously good deal for a reg built like a tank. Go get 'em. If they are not sold in the next couple days, I might just buy what remains myself...you just never know, right?

Chris

Reactions: Healthservices