• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tethering ?

What external regulator steup are you using to tether??

Anybody using this setup ? What are your thoughts ?

Screenshot_20230403-150944_Samsung Internet.jpg

test2.jpg

digital-.jpg

I use an Aqua Environment Co. # 415-5000. for $275
Bought direct from them...

good luck

Alright, google cant give me a straight answer😵‍💫🤷‍♂️
sooooo: how does this work?
I am still a baby in the pcp world😅
I'd love to attach a bigger bottle like that
If you notice, most guns have a sweet spot on the bottle pressure where the gun shoots its best. And most times it's is not usually at the maxed bottle presure, but some pressure well below that. However without a regulated tank to fill the bottle the gun only shoots its best when it is at the sweet spot until it is no longer there. So that is the spot you want the reg output pressure to be from the tank to the bottle. This will keep you at optimum pressures for the longest time. Plus it makes it easier to tune as the bottle pressure is consistent and always the same.

Allen

Last edited:
If you notice, most guns have a sweet spot on the bottle pressure where the gun shoots its best. And most times it's is not usually at the maxed bottle presure, but some pressure well below that. However without a regulated tank to fill the bottle the gun only shoots its best when it is at the sweet spot until it is no longer there. So that is the spot you want the reg output pressure to be from the tank to the bottle. This will keep you at optimum pressures for the longest time. Plus it makes it easier to tune as the bottle pressure is consistent and always the same.

Allen
Aha!!🤗 I understand now!
🤔so...the slinger doesn't "realize" it's hooked up to a tank essentially?

Reactions: Healthservices
Hmm…when I shoot tethered no additional reg as I tether the bottle when it’s pressure is below the fill pressure but above reg pressure so it doesn’t matter. With an un regulated gun ?? Seems if you want such a setup you would just buy a regged gun in the first place ??

Yes, that is what I do with most of my regulated guns but the micro sure is nice to have feeding the gun even if regulated. In my case, I got this to feed my HPA Chasers that had no regulation and only had 7 shots worth of air and were impossible to tune with so little air. The inline reg helped me a lot finding the 'sweet spot' so I made it a part of my regular set up.

Another issue is that I have guns that are 3200 max fill (DAR and JTS) and I can shoot off the inline reg from a full bottle at 4k with no concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trucker3573
You don't have to use a regulator to shoot tethered - I've done it for years without one. I just leave the gun hooked up and the line charged, and manually blip the valve open and closed to add a bit of air every magazine or ten shots or so. I just shoot around the middle of the zone of unregulated guns and it works well. Sure, a regulator makes things easier, but that is a good bit of money to tie up in something that really is only used for convenience . . . .

I did eventually buy an inline regulator (a Karakuscher inline unit that works really well - bought it directly from him from Turkey) as I had a need to better control air into the very small reservoir of my Air Arms Alpha pistol at only ~27 ccs, but I still often just take the manual approach when shooting rifles off the bench.

Last edited:
You don't have to use a regulator to shoot tethered - I've done it for years without one. I just leave the gun hooked up and the line charged, and manually blip the valve open and closed to add a bit of air every magazine or ten shots or so. I just shoot around the middle of the zone of unregulated guns and it works well. Sure, a regulator makes things easier, but that is a good bit of money to tie up in something that really is only used for convenience . . . .

I did eventually buy an inline regulator (a Karakuscher inline unit that works really well - bought it directly from him from Turkey) as I had a need to better control air into the very small reservoir of my Air Arms Alpha pistol at only ~27 ccs, but I still often just take the manual approach when shooting rifles off the bench.
Um... no.

Without any way of knowing what a "blip" is, there is no way to get consistency with the fill and you could very easily exceed a small air tubes max.

Um... no.

Without any way of knowing what a "blip" is, there is no way to get consistency with the fill and you could very easily exceed a small air tubes max.
Well, a "blip" is a partial fill, rather than a full fill . . . as an example, if a normal fill range of an unregulated gun is 2200-2800 psi, I'd try to keep it in the middle of the range and run it from maybe 2400-2600, or maybe even 2450-2550 by manually controlling the valve and adding a 100 psi of air off the fill device's gauge (which reads the pressure "live," dropping after every shot) after the right number of shots. If it a gun that you comfortably fill with a tank it should not be hard to manage this way. And if you are staying well within the normal acceptable ES fill range of the gun, the ES will be less than normal for that gun. I do this with an unregulated Air Ranger and have taken over 100 shots in a session with an ES of probably less than 10 fps because all shots are part of the "middle ten" of my shot string, and I just add 100 psi when I put a new mag in the gun.

I do agree that very small tubes might preclude this (as I mentioned with my tiny Alpha), but for many guns it can work really well. Too many people think one HAS to have a regulator to shoot tethered, and I simply pointed out another option. After all, if you are comfortable filling a particular gun with your tank, it is not really hard to just partially fill it with the same tank. So with that in mind:

Um . . . maybe. ;)

Last edited: