Other Tethering pbba .457

I got a carbon fiber 14 cubic foot tank 4500psi and was tethering my pbba .457 today and I took 3 shots and the tank was reading 0psi (the 2nd gauge on the tank that shows how much air went into your gun) it was at like 3000psi.. is that normal it doesn't do that with my .401 and .257 I can just keep shooting and shooting is the .457 using so much air the guppy tank can't keep up?

Tank volume and cylinder volume will dictate the amount of shots per fill. First thing to do is figure out what amount of air volume that is used per shot out of the gun itself from a full fill, oftentimes referred to as the gun's efficiency. There are calculations / formulas to figure this out. Then with that number you can convert it to get an estimated amount of shots per fill of that guppy tank, or even a bigger tank. I do a lot of big bore shooting, filling with a big tank into the gun, and it uses a lot of air for the amount of shots I get compared to the efficiency of the smaller bores.

Tank volume and cylinder volume will dictate the amount of shots per fill. First thing to do is figure out what amount of air volume that is used per shot out of the gun itself from a full fill, oftentimes referred to as the gun's efficiency. There are calculations / formulas to figure this out. Then with that number you can convert it to get an estimated amount of shots per fill of that guppy tank, or even a bigger tank. I do a lot of big bore shooting, filling with a big tank into the gun, and it uses a lot of air for the amount of shots I get compared to the efficiency of the smaller bores.
All I know is it's a 3 shot gun from a 3000psi fill I'm not sure how much psi it's using per shot but I don't have that problem with my small tank on my .257 and .401 I plan on buying a 45min SCBA tank and altaros booster pump soon.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I'd invest in the biggest 98 cu. ft. tank. This booster's are nice, and with the big tank, you'll still be using a lot of air.

All I know is it's a 3 shot gun from a 3000psi fill I'm not sure how much psi it's using per shot but I don't have that problem with my small tank on my .257 and .401 I plan on buying a 45min SCBA tank and altaros booster pump soon.
We can figure it out easily enough. When you top it off, what's the max fill psi say? After you shoot it three times, what's the psi gauge say?

Reactions: anonymous_.457
We can figure it out easily enough. When you top it off, what's the max fill psi say? After you shoot it three times, what's the psi gauge say?
0psi when I shoot now I'm just gonna take 1 shot and leave my tank and bleed valve and air hose connected to the gun and then open the tank and fill it and then close it

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
The way I do it on my big bores is fill to the pressure I want to start at say 3400psi shut the valve on the bottle off write down the pressure take my first shot write down fps and write down the pressure that's the pressure for my second shot and repeat that way I know how much air is being used for each shot. If this makes sense the gauge on the bottle will tell you and if you have a second gauge it'll let you know what's still in your bottle, I use SCBA bottles so it has a fairly accurate pressure gauge and here's how I do it.
shot 1 910fps at 3400psi
shot 2 890fps at 3200psi
shot 3 860fps at 2900psi this is the way I do it on my big bores.