• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tethered Setup

There is probably a fill pressure range your gun is 'most consistent' between. I think that would be my goal. But then again, I keep it simple and just use something in between. That is partially convenience for me. I don't use an external regulator. I have an old SCBA tank that I just fill to about 210 bar and shoot down to 160bar with the fill probe plugged into the gun and the tank valve open. The new tank gets the 4500psi fills. My approach doesn't work for many.... I have 2 tanks and I do my own fills.

Every gun has sweet spot, fill it and shoot thru the chrony to identify it, then you must set that external regulator on that pressure range, in my case my sweet spot is between 160-170bar. You will not waste air anymore by bleeding the system, you will increase consistency, save time by not having to stop shooting, You also avoid taking the system to the limit due to those fills to the maximum working pressure.

1560875444_16546728185d0911b4614ba7.85049402_IMG_7088.jpg

1560875444_5716675815d0911b4ec7984.97330837_IMG_7089.jpg

1560875445_8948664215d0911b5489eb6.38213552_IMG_7090.jpg

I have sometime wondered when tuning guns with none external adjustable regulators if one can do it this way, to find the optimal regpressure:

Set the internal reg higher than you will ever need, like 140 bar on a .177 pellet shooter, and experiment with external reg pressures lower than 140 bar. When one then finds the perfect combination with reg and hammer, dismantle the gun and take the internal reg out. Then with a help of a reg measure device, adjust the internal reg down to the same pressure. My thought is that the air bleeding true the higher set internal reg during testing will be so slow, that the gun will basically behave the same, as the gun will do later with internal reg properly set?

That would save allot of mantling/dismantling where guns have to be taken apart every time one has to adjust and test the internal regs.

I have sometime wondered when tuning guns with none external adjustable regulators if one can do it this way, to find the optimal regpressure:

Set the internal reg higher than you will ever need, like 140 bar on a .177 pellet shooter, and experiment with external reg pressures lower than 140 bar. When one then finds the perfect combination with reg and hammer, dismantle the gun and take the internal reg out. Then with a help of a reg measure device, adjust the internal reg down to the same pressure. My thought is that the air bleeding true the higher set internal reg during testing will be so slow, that the gun will basically behave the same, as the gun will do later with internal reg properly set?

That would save allot of mantling/dismantling where guns have to be taken apart every time one has to adjust and test the internal regs.

That is definitely food for thought. I think I will try it with my Streamline.