• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Testing the "M" in R5M on yet another skunk

Maybe because they stink so bad when they spray? I don't know for sure. But I do know that my dog has been sprayed two times and that's no fun at all.

Plus I think they carry disease? No so sure about that either.

Bob,

If we just kill things that Stink, my wife would have taken me out a long time ago. :)

I read up some on them, I guess they dig for grubs and other invasive species of bugs, normally around spring time. They will eat low hanging fruit as well.

I don't know, I've smelled them in the area, usually after being hit by a car. That's about it.

Smitty

Maybe because they stink so bad when they spray? I don't know for sure. But I do know that my dog has been sprayed two times and that's no fun at all.

Plus I think they carry disease? No so sure about that either.

Bob,

If we just kill things that Stink, my wife would have taken me out a long time ago. :)

I read up some on them, I guess they dig for grubs and other invasive species of bugs, normally around spring time. They will eat low hanging fruit as well.

I don't know, I've smelled them in the area, usually after being hit by a car. That's about it.

Smitty

They are pretty destructive when the numbers get too high. While I don't put them in the category of Rats or Chipmunks, their numbers get out of hand where I live. I wouldn't necessary hunt them out, but if they come into my yard... see ya.

Additionally, they are a big issue with my dog. It's an annual event.

One thing I leave alone is the opossums. They are really gross, but really don't harm anything. they actually clean up the rats for me. I pick them up in the morning, and 99% they have been eaten by the Opossums.

My yard had trails running through it from skunks opposums aand whatever critter was heading over to the "cat ladys" house. You know the type 50 cats running around and food left outside. Sure was glad when she moved. Funny how the trails disappeared. And all without a shot. 

Opposum did get under trailer and tore down insulatiin. He didnt get shot, but got a 3 foot piece of rebar on the head.

I mostly leave the critters to themselves unless they are a problem, except starlings and collared doves, they get a pellet.

I have a question, we have a couple skunks living around were I work and come on the property at night. They don't seem to be bothering anything or doing any damage.

I was wondering why are they considered pest? (Not a tree huger, looking for an honest answer.)

Smitty

They will raid chicken coups but the reason I hate them is for spraying my dogs. They were sprayed in my yard when I let them out for a walk, one time the skunk was right at the bottom of the steps of my deck.

When a dog gets sprayed it is a nightmare, especially if it is too cold outside to wash them, you have to wash them over and over and over and over to get the smell out and then you can smell skunk in your house for weeks after.