Testing Taipan Regulators

How are you guys that are well versed in Taipans testing your stock regulators? or are you just skipping it and buying the Huma regulators and setting it that way. Obviously the huma way is the easiest way, but I hate guessing at tuning. I looked at the Huma regulator testers and nothing says it will work for the Taipan. Tony's very nice regulator seems to just be for AGT, which is fine as I have two of them and it works wonderfully. So good in fact I decided to stay with AGT stock regulators. Any input guys?

To add, I am not a machinist so making a tester is not in my wheel house.

Adjust it, put it back together and shoot a string to see where it falls off.

I dunno of any way else to determine the reg pressure without a tester. Do it a couple times and it gives you a pretty decent idea of set pressure relative to where the adjustment collar is set within the adjustment window.

Output pressure of Taipan reg is about 120-155. HUMA will go lower than a Taipan.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I asked Tony at talon tunes if he had a tester for sale, and unfortunately he does not. Been looking for one as I use the stock reg. I switched over to huma just so I can adjust easier. The huma comes with a sticker and comes preset with anything you want. Just essier.
It should be, but unfortunately, the scale on the sticker is an estimate at best. If you want to know the set point precisely, then yes you need a tester, but I've never seen the need. If I know the velocity I want, then I tune the spring tension and reg to a good balance, and it's done.