Testing some Reasonably Priced PCP Rifles - Avenger and Cayden

There are folks out there who really love the Avenger. I think that it would definitely feel different in the hands with a wood stock over the plastic stock which I had purchased. But to me it still felt built to a low price point, where the Cayden never did.

I sold the Cayden at my cost to a local buddy who I had hooked on airguns, but gave him a little deal as I included a scope, rings and DFL in the package. He is still enjoying that rifle.

Regarding the Avenger, I gave that gun to another local hooked friend, who was looking for a new challenge. He has been a powder burner gunsmith for years, has his own shop and is now getting into airgun gunsmithing. He brought it out to the shoot in my back yard last week and shot it for a little while before moving back to shooting his Dreamline Classic. Boy, those Avengers sure are loud, and unfortunately their shrouds don't terminate in 1/2"UNF. He's got the parts on order so he can quiet the gun down a bit, but those are additional costs which many new shooters don't think about.

Unless your friend will be walking long distances in thick woods with his new gun, he will appreciate your Cayden recommendation. The Cayden is a little on the long side and a bit heavy, but it remains a pleasure to shoot off the bench. To me when in my hands it says 'quality', whereas the Avenger says 'cheap'.