• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tequila Gun PCP

Any feedback on that silicone valve moderator?
Four members group have them, they send me retrofit and I did the improvements according with their recommendations. And send a new silicon valve sets only for the .22 caliber. The other moderator was for a .30 caliber. I reinforced all the internals components using rubber gum and aluminum. I am waiting for their feedback. As soon as I get it, I will share the results in this publication. I hope get the results this coming week.

I modeled this new one.

A little like the "original" 3D grip.
I don't have a picture anymore. I guess I deleted the picture when I replaced the 3D grip with the original wood panels, then with the new rubber panels.

Found the first picture with the original hex pattern 3D grip -
A hand full of changes to the gun since this shot.
Hmm, yeah, there's a few changes in the grip shape, from this first one. Might like to give the new one a try...

1708211496785.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
A little like the "original" 3D grip.
I don't have a picture anymore. I guess I deleted the picture when I replaced the 3D grip with the original wood panels, then with the new rubber panels.

Found the first picture with the original hex pattern 3D grip -
A hand full of changes to the gun since this shot.
Hmm, yeah, there's a few changes in the grip shape, from this first one. Might like to give the new one a try...

View attachment 436566

Mike
You are correct, the AR grip was inspired on it.

Finally I have time to do a short video showing the moderator performance, please visit the YouTube link:
The distance between the sonometer and airgun are 3 feet.

I received the recommendation of four members group. Three of them tested the first version of the moderator in .22 caliber. They send me a lot information and I update the mechanical design with it. The other member was askin for a .30 caliber moderator, he update me with valuable information. Unfortunately he do not like the final product.

The attached pics show the dimensions of the moderator in the 3 version available.

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

Last edited:
Ouch...that's a mighty long muffler !!!
Seems that a pistol muffler should be about 1/2 of that, 6-3/8" length. Maybe 4" long.
I like the idea of the empty chamber then a baffle of some type. But again, the chamber doesn't really "need" to be that long...does it ?

How much air, by volume comes out the the .22 gun at, say, 550 fps ? Then the empty chamber should be some small portion of that volume, as expended, but it seems to me, "not" the full expanded volume. That could actually be "any" size if you think about it.

As I tested the original, two chamber muffler, in a few ways. I found that the two chambers, as...empty (no baffles), did a reasonable job of quieting the sound. VERY near what happened with the two baffles installed. Unfortunately, I did not try one empty chamber, and one baffle. I should have.
I'm going to take apart the muffler that I have. Remove the first baffle, leave the second baffler in place, see how that sounds.
So, one expansion "only" chamber, one baffled chamber, and test.

Mike

Ouch...that's a mighty long muffler !!!
Seems that a pistol muffler should be about 1/2 of that, 6-3/8" length. Maybe 4" long.
I like the idea of the empty chamber then a baffle of some type. But again, the chamber doesn't really "need" to be that long...does it ?

How much air, by volume comes out the the .22 gun at, say, 550 fps ? Then the empty chamber should be some small portion of that volume, as expended, but it seems to me, "not" the full expanded volume. That could actually be "any" size if you think about it.

As I tested the original, two chamber muffler, in a few ways. I found that the two chambers, as...empty (no baffles), did a reasonable job of quieting the sound. VERY near what happened with the two baffles installed. Unfortunately, I did not try one empty chamber, and one baffle. I should have.
I'm going to take apart the muffler that I have. Remove the first baffle, leave the second baffler in place, see how that sounds.
So, one expansion "only" chamber, one baffled chamber, and test.

Mike
This moderator is other variant of the original. For the original, I have the following configuration:
IMG_3219.jpeg

The total length is 4 3/8

Reactions: Bandito
This moderator is other variant of the original. For the original, I have the following configuration:
View attachment 443257

The total length is 4 3/8
MUCH better, pistol wise !
The longer length should work on, and look better a higher powered rifle, as required.
Although, even on my rifles, if a short muffler works, there's no need for the extra length...in my book. Like my FX Maverick, and Wildcat (similar guns), I have "single" sections of the Huma Mod40 on each of them. Keeps them both as short as possible, and, quiet...enough.
Whatever it takes, and no more...

Thanks for the option Alfonso.

Mike

MUCH better, pistol wise !
The longer length should work on, and look better a higher powered rifle, as required.
Although, even on my rifles, if a short muffler works, there's no need for the extra length...in my book. Like my FX Maverick, and Wildcat (similar guns), I have "single" sections of the Huma Mod40 on each of them. Keeps them both as short as possible, and, quiet...enough.
Whatever it takes, and no more...

Thanks for the option Alfonso.

Mike
The old model was designed with a small expansion chamber (3/8). The new one is bigger and works better. Also it is built in aluminum.

IMG_3221.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg

Well, I removed the first baffle (closest to the barrel), and left the second baffle in place. It's glued in per Alfonso's recommendation.
It was actually fairy quiet. Only shot it three times, and not for accuracy. I had done all that a couple of weeks back with good results.

So now I'm waiting for the new design can, that's meant for a single baffle (per the above), to see how that compares.

Overall, very happy with gun and its assembly of parts.

Mike

Well, I removed the first baffle (closest to the barrel), and left the second baffle in place. It's glued in per Alfonso's recommendation.
It was actually fairy quiet. Only shot it three times, and not for accuracy. I had done all that a couple of weeks back with good results.

So now I'm waiting for the new design can, that's meant for a single baffle (per the above), to see how that compares.

Overall, very happy with gun and its assembly of parts.

Mike
I am waiting for the aluminum expansion chamber, I hope receive it the next week. Once as be received I will shipped to you.

Reactions: Bandito