• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tequila Gun PCP

I’ve been lurking here on the forum since early in your development process. I am very impressed with you and your pistol, you’ve done an outstanding job bringing this gun to market. I thought you would give up, I thought your commitment to quality might wane, you’ve been amazing. The way you gathered AGN member feedback, brought designs changes developments to the forum, then actually produced what looks to me as a gorgeous product, bravo my man. Your journey has been a pleasure to watch. I bought 2 GK1s and a HW44 since June, your Tequila gun is on my February birthday gift to myself list. I need to justify 😂🤣
I can tell you that, at least on number 13 the fit is literally a snap, it's insanely close tolerances. The next experiment is to find a good size for the transfer port seal. I've got a feeling it's putting out too much air for that short barrel. My last tune got an insane number of shots out of a full air load at a smidge over 12ft lbs. When my Christmas rush of business is over I'm going to start swapping out the transfer port seals with ones that Xoloti has given me to try to see If I can get more efficiency with heavier pellets. I'm really looking forward to trying his Moderator.

I can tell you that, at least on number 13 the fit is literally a snap, it's insanely close tolerances. The next experiment is to find a good size for the transfer port seal. I've got a feeling it's putting out too much air for that short barrel. My last tune got an insane number of shots out of a full air load at a smidge over 12ft lbs. When my Christmas rush of business is over I'm going to start swapping out the transfer port seals with ones that Xoloti has given me to try to see If I can get more efficiency with heavier pellets. I'm really looking forward to trying his Moderator.
I send to built three of them. One is for you. I hope have ready to ship it the second week of January.

Another Tequila Gun, with the (Trijicon RMR/Holosun) sight mount at work.

1703968534136.jpeg

Mike

Just sitting here waiting to see the full development of this air powered platform. What is the highest serial number at this point? Be Well Brothers, B.
IMHO it's pretty solid, everything that's gone wrong has been my fault, with the exception of the valve seal. I'm able to do 25 30 yards on paper, , at least hitting the paper, not rested, as I'm still tweaking things in the interest of development. 12 to 14 FT Lbs is max on this, unless you want to start using it as a mortar. It absolutely needs a moderator, it's not back yard friendly, but toss on a "cheap" Donny FL and you're good to go. The trigger is pretty good, match grade no but with a few adjustments pretty darn good. With the ability to move your optic to the rear it should be sweet. Note as I'm the "Official" destructive testing person, self-designated, I did manage to break the new rear adapter. When installing there is no need to torque it down, just a wee bit of tension does it. The piece mates to the sides quite well so there is no movement that I can detect. I have an optic coming in today so that'll get mounted. After I get done playing with the various transfer port pieces he sent me, I'm going to pop the barrel out and give it a good polish then I should be done messing with it or maybe I'll do it prior, who knows.

Reactions: Bandito
Got my new red dot in today and got it mounted, a good fit, it's a little weird, I'm not use to them but this one's dot moves when I move my head, my others just stay put. Anyway, moved the fixed sight to iin front of the breech, a VERY SNUG FIT. Had to genteelly tap it in. Now I'll get it sighted in and see what happens the sight may go back if it's flaky.

Reactions: Bandito
Got my new red dot in today and got it mounted, a good fit, it's a little weird, I'm not use to them but this one's dot moves when I move my head, my others just stay put. Anyway, moved the fixed sight to iin front of the breech, a VERY SNUG FIT. Had to genteelly tap it in. Now I'll get it sighted in and see what happens the sight may go back if it's flaky.
I placed mine in the front slot too, just...to see. But ended up moving to the rear.

What sight brand/model, did you buy ?

The dot should move...as you move your eye away from any given location. If you place the "dot" in the center of the window, then move your head, but still keep the dot in the visual part of the screen/window, then yes, the dot will, and should move.
The dot does not have to be in the center of the window to be...on target. It can be in a corner (anywhere), but as long as it's still over/under your target, you'll hit what you are aiming at.

Mike

I placed mine in the front slot too, just...to see. But ended up moving to the rear.

What sight brand/model, did you buy ?

The dot should move...as you move your eye away from any given location. If you place the "dot" in the center of the window, then move your head, but still keep the dot in the visual part of the screen/window, then yes, the dot will, and should move.
The dot does not have to be in the center of the window to be...on target. It can be in a corner (anywhere), but as long as it's still over/under your target, you'll hit what you are aiming at.

Mike
Parallax on red dot sights can be a pain in the @$$ especially on a pistol. Exmlp. On my Mossberg the sight sits out further away keeping line of sight tighter, maybe off by 1/2 moa still keeping me on target at 50yds with slugs (open hand sized target). Thats on my sightmark and or sig sauer red dots which on any of my pistols any slight movement of my head or wrist make that 2+ moa deviance making a complete miss on sky rats for example from 15-25yds (my average shooting distance......yet my less expensive Centerpoint red dot has next to no parallax whatsoever. I can move my head up and down/side to side or have a bad grip but red dot stays on target. Don't quote me on any of this as I just tinker with my stuff maybe use a dremel once in awhile on one of my airguns. Similar to I believe it was MikeVV who said it first....I'm always moving my stuff around exchanging this or that from one gun to another from scopes, red dots, grips, suppressors etc and on occasion one will be untouched in its current configuration until i get a wild hair up my behind and make a change 😂

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg

Parallax on red dot sights can be a pain in the @$$ especially on a pistol. Exmlp. On my Mossberg the sight sits out further away keeping line of sight tighter, maybe off by 1/2 moa still keeping me on target at 50yds with slugs (open hand sized target). Thats on my sightmark and or sig sauer red dots which on any of my pistols any slight movement of my head or wrist make that 2+ moa deviance making a complete miss on sky rats for example from 15-25yds (my average shooting distance......yet my less expensive Centerpoint red dot has next to no parallax whatsoever. I can move my head up and down/side to side or have a bad grip but red dot stays on target. Don't quote me on any of this as I just tinker with my stuff maybe use a dremel once in awhile on one of my airguns. Similar to I believe it was MikeVV who said it first....I'm always moving my stuff around exchanging this or that from one gun to another from scopes, red dots, grips, suppressors etc and on occasion one will be untouched in its current configuration until i get a wild hair up my behind and make a change 😂
Parallax on a quality red dot...hmm !
On a single plane reflector...something new, or just you just drinking good Kool Aid ?

Mike

Reactions: Bigbear72
On a single plane reflector...something new, or just you just drinking good Kool Aid ?

Mike
How'd you guess i was drinking some good kool aid 😂 i did a poor job of explaining something simple this is a simple vid explaining what i was talking about

And yes most high end/quality red dots don't have this problem. Just putting in my 2 bits

Mike
On the KA, I sort of wish, I'll find out today, it's pellet pushing day. Last I looked, you move your head and the dot is 'suppose' to stay in the same place. It did on the other one I have on the gun but it was too large to move to the rear. As for 'quality' , it was $90, I went all out. Not spending hundreds on a dot for this gun. Now....If I get a new slide for my XD-9 yep that could happen.

On the KA, I sort of wish, I'll find out today, it's pellet pushing day. Last I looked, you move your head and the dot is 'suppose' to stay in the same place. It did on the other one I have on the gun but it was too large to move to the rear. As for 'quality' , it was $90, I went all out. Not spending hundreds on a dot for this gun. Now....If I get a new slide for my XD-9 yep that could happen.
Hog -

Incorrect (in red above).
You move your eye, the dot will move.
You can put the dot "anywhere..." on the screen/lens...as long as the dot is covering (under, wherever you set it) the target that's where the projectile will go.
The dot does...NOT...need to be in the center of the screen/lens.

While I only have two "cheap" (under $100) dot sights, they both work like quality sights, as far as dot placement on the lens / on the target.

Holographic sights work the same way as dot sights.
Prism sights work like normal scopes. They are basically a cross between a dot sight and a scope, but act more like a scope.

Mike

Ok, red dot parallax issue solved. From a rest it's fine, got the dot sighted in at 13 yards then move out to 25 yards, it was hitting where I was smiling, rested. Next thing is to get the hard sights adjusted. All in all not bad group for not having a real center to shoot, those .22 holes are small at 25 yards.
1704665332975.png
1704665207309.png

Hog -

Incorrect (in red above).
You move your eye, the dot will move.
You can put the dot "anywhere..." on the screen/lens...as long as the dot is covering (under, wherever you set it) the target that's where the projectile will go.
The dot does...NOT...need to be in the center of the screen/lens.

While I only have two "cheap" (under $100) dot sights, they both work like quality sights, as far as dot placement on the lens / on the target.

Holographic sights work the same way as dot sights.
Prism sights work like normal scopes. They are basically a cross between a dot sight and a scope, but act more like a scope.

Mike
Yes, I am aware of that I was 'holding the gun steady, or so I though and the dot was, from my perspective moving, but, I was mistaken, on a rest at 25 yards it was rock solid.

1704665149961.png

Ok, red dot parallax issue solved. From a rest it's fine, got the dot sighted in at 13 yards then move out to 25 yards, it was hitting where I was smiling, rested. Next thing is to get the hard sights adjusted. All in all not bad group for not having a real center to shoot, those .22 holes are small at 25 yards.

Yes, I am aware of that I was 'holding the gun steady, or so I though and the dot was, from my perspective moving, but, I was mistaken, on a rest at 25 yards it was rock solid.

View attachment 423105
I need to restate my comments on dot sight Parallax, so it's more clear and correct.
While it seems that you've found the situation...

If...you look through the single glass (plastic) window of cheaper sights, parallax...can (but not always) be a problem.

BUT, even if you look through a quality red dot sight...IF...you look through the window with a "twisting" (rotating your wrist) motion vs your eyes, then yes, a "false" parallax view can be seen.
BUT, if as you seem to have found, if...you look through the window...AND...keep the windows surface "parallel to your eye", then most quality red dot sights will not have a parallax view.

I've seen where some..."experts" will say that ALL...red dot sights have a parallax view. NOT true. It's just that they are holding the gun/sight...incorrectly.

Mike

Reactions: Xolotl