Tuning Tensioning system for superlite barrel system?

Does anyone make one? Is it worth it?
I have a dreamline compact with a superlite barrel, and a crown on the way. I carry my guns often through the woods, and sometimes end up bumping the barrels. I also carry them in the truck with me, and I’m constantly worried about poi shifts.

I know in most guns, tensioning the barrel helps with harmonics, and seems to tighten groups, but it also helps with rigidity of the barrel.

I’ve not seen one yet. I have a carbon fiber sleeve over my 500mm barrel, with aftermarket shroud spacers and don’t have poi shifts. I don’t bang around in the brush with my Crown, but I did accidentally stick the barrel in the ceiling fan and it took it like a champ. I also have a Black Arts barrel band, but don’t use it presently, as the gun is in a Saber chassis now.

I got my spacers from member bd2021, he was 3d printing them. If you search “crown shroud spacers”, he comes right up. As far as fitment, I just ordered a sleeve for a 500mm barrel, and when installed it ends about an inch shy of the end of barrel. I chose to friction fit the sleeve with a barber pole wrap of the thin white Teflon tape, which took a bit of patience and technique, but yielded a very snug fit.

Hello everyone,

I just received my Ernest Rowe / Bulletcentral.com Crown tensioner/shroud for my 600mm Superior Barrel. It is a true work of art, with gorgeous carbon construction! As you might imagine, this setup is much heavier than the superlight barrel that comes on the Crown...I have the 700mm Superior barrel as well but waiting for the 700mm shroud/tensioner system to come available. The assembly is very stiff once installed. These are available at www.bulletcentral.com but you'll need to call for the Crown version since they are still receiving components and putting the Crown bits together. Chris and Zach were very accommodating (I called every day for 2 weeks :)).

The current setup is using the Impact Superior 600mm barrel with the tensioner and shroud installed as depicted in the pictures below. There is improved accuracy with this configuration and in the near future, I'll post pictures of the groups comparing the Superlight vs Tensioning system results. I'm preparing for AOA/EBR now so more to come there as well and this will be the setup I'll be using in the One Gun Challenge this year.

Requirements:
  • Order an FX Impact STX Superior Barrel Kit in the caliber and length you prefer. NOTE: For the Crown .22 caliber, only the 600mm option is available today from what I can tell.
  • Order the shroud and tensioner for the Crown by calling www.bulletcentral.com. The Crown components are not yet available on the website (ask for Chris Lundberg).
  • I am working with Chris on a 700mm tensioner for the Crown so this is NOT available yet but hopefully, it will be soon...More to come on this.
The overall quality and appearance of the shroud/tensioner system is very nice, you will be very happy with the performance and quality of the product.

Regards,

Steve

Crown with Tensioner and Shroud 001.jpg

Crown with Tensioner and Shroud 002.jpg

Hi,
The tensioner system sold by BulletCentral is designed for the Crown. The Crown system requires you to upgrade the barrel to an FX Impact 600mm barrel and then the carbon fiber sleeve and tensioning shroud slides over it. It's very effective and improves accuracy if that's your goal. I've attached a picture of mine with the system installed. I recently installed a 20mm heavy custom barrel and it's very accurate so I may be selling the barrel, sleeve, and tensioner. It looks really good when on the gun. It's bolt-on, so very easy to swap out.

Crown with ER Tensioner.jpg

Reactions: qball
The newer Crown (MKII) has a different barrel (Superior smooth twist) which sits in 2 large o-rings (i have a .22) and is locked in with a nut. A shroud covers the liner and large o-rings. Back to your original question, no, I don't believe you can use the Impact tensioner since it bolts into the chassis or block and the Crown can't receive it. I don't the length would match up either. When are you coming back to the US? Can you shoot 20 ft lbs or more in Belgium?

In fact , all I need is a carbon tube wich will fit on the shroud covering the liner of my Crown 1st generation . I think the video of E. Rowe will make things easier to understand.
this is the link :
; If it doen't work type the title in the search engine :

FX Crown with 3mm thick carbon fiber sleeve that you can add tension to make barrel really stiff.​

By the way , I'm living permanently in Belgium , where there is no restriction about airgun power :) .

Thanks for your answer.

Hi , do you know if the FX IMPACT barrel tensioner system would work on the Crown ? I think that the carbon tube for the Crown is 16mm ID and 20mm OD , but I don't know the inner/outer dimensions of the carbon tube used on the impact. If the barrel OD of the Impact and Crown are the same , it could work .
Thanks
Sorry for a very late reply…how did things turnout? I purchased an Impact barrel 600mm for the Crown. The Superlight will not work with this setup

Sorry for a very late reply…how did things turnout? I purchased an Impact barrel 600mm for the Crown. The Superlight will not work with this setup
Hi , well the carbon sleeve was a bit too short , about 1" , so I machined a piece a aluminium and put it between the carbon sleeve and the receiver to tension the barrel by screwing a moderator . This made the barrel stiffer , not louder .....but the results from the bench were not good at all, very poor groups. Don't know why . I must confess that I was a bit fade up trying the Crown to make it shoot accurately and consistenly . I've never had good results with this gun , trying different barrel , superlight , standard , longer and shorter , shooting all kind of pellets or slugs without satisfying results . I know the gun has a lot of potential but something doesn't match between us :(.
So now I fit a .22 500mm Superlight barrel , a barrel band and it shoots.....without too much POI shifting .

Oh yes , to "compensate" this failure", I ordered a Kalibrgun Tactical 60 in .30 cal. today 😁 .

This is a pic of the Crown with CF sleeve and aluminium insert

IMG_1888.JPG

Reactions: SteveG
The Kalibr is a good way to go, you should be happy with it. Are there power limitations were you are?
Yes , I get four Kalibrgun already : Cricket1 and tactical 60 in .22 cal and Cricket 1 and Carbine in .25 . All are extremely accurate and consistent , I love them .
In Belgium there is no power limitation for airguns , so we are lucky enough for this . Our neighbours, France , Holland , Germany , England and some others countries are limited to about 12 Fpe .....a pity 😄 .