Tensioned barrel nut with built in air stripper!

I've never claimed to be a machinist and my lathe and mill are both manual but still fun to build on. May not be the prettiest but hopefully very functional. Going on my HFT rifle. 

20220514_130757.1652549644.jpg

Lightened the hammer to 35g with a peek striker. Heavier spring in free flight. Trigger polishing and barrel polishing. Tensioned shroud with airstripper and a Huma reg at 130bar/1900psi.

Very nice work Troy. Do you think 130 bar might be a bit high for such a small, light pellet? Or are you balancing it with the hammer strike?

Lightened the hammer to 35g with a peek striker. Heavier spring in free flight. Trigger polishing and barrel polishing. Tensioned shroud with airstripper and a Huma reg at 130bar/1900psi.

Very nice work Troy. Do you think 130 bar might be a bit high for such a small, light pellet? Or are you balancing it with the hammer strike?

It might be a little high. Light hammer and no preload though. I'm sure I could dive deeper and get better results and will over time but I'm generally a week of competition still building the gun shooter. Rarely have time for my personal guns.