• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Tench Regulator, BSA R10 SE

I know majority of us had problems with tench, i still have it in my .22 r10. I wanted an increase in fps. So, removed the bottle turned the regulator cw half of a quarter and now regulator is not holding pressure anymore. It was leaking from breath holes. I was at 800 fps for jsb 18s, wanted 850. I know it can go to 820, BUT is that a limit, or trench can go further. 

Take a look at the Robert Lane bottle reg as well. Excellent build quality at a good price.

IMG_20200720_2009412.1605463669.jpg

Another good quality option is Altaros. 🐦

I know majority of us had problems with tench, i still have it in my .22 r10. I wanted an increase in fps. So, removed the bottle turned the regulator cw half of a quarter and now regulator is not holding pressure anymore. It was leaking from breath holes. I was at 800 fps for jsb 18s, wanted 850. I know it can go to 820, BUT is that a limit, or trench can go further.

Have you tried maxing the reg (till that highest whatever no leak pressure) and crank the hammer spring?

Did you try cocking the gun to fill it from empty?

Hi Odoyle

I finally fixed it. Regulator block orings were also charged. Then started turning. I cranked the reg to max and the loose it one full turn. Also adjusted the HST. Fired 20 shots over chrony and with es of 7 my avg was 855 fps. I also tracked the air consumption. And after each 5 shots avg consumption was 1.4 bar/shot. Pretty good..

Then i played with scope mounting, leveling and zeroing - took an hour. Meanwhile sun set was a few minutes away and temperature also dropped.. i fired 3 more pellets and they at 838, 842 and 845 fps. Reg was at 155. This got me worried. Cause if reg goes off at 155 bar i will have less shots. I was expecting 70 shots. Maths of current setting says you will get about 55 shots.

The question is could be low light over chrony, lower temperate or do i have to do adjustments to reg and hst.?