Ten unfortunates today… Atomic XR

I had a few hours I could take, so headed down to the former dairy. It was raining on and off. The action was light, not many birds about. I shot ten today, the two sparrows and one starling at 30 yards. The remaining seven from the horizontal members in that high barn (54 yards). After my first two at 54 yards, I went up to recover the bodies. But the loft was sketchy, I felted like I could fall through. I took the picture of the two and headed back down. Set up again, 2.5 MILs of holdover and took five more! But, I wasn’t going back up there. I also missed at least five shots on sparrows and starlings. And wasn’t fast enough at least as many times to set up the shot in other instances. The Atomic XR was as usual, sweet, sweet, sweet. I typically keep my shots on sparrows and starlings sub 40 yards. But the Atomic has proven to be consistently accurate out to 50-64 yards. Enough for said critters, so going forward, I’ll will stretch it out just a little.😀

IMG_0637.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

nice shooting how do you like the atomic
I like it very much, it is my main plinking/pesting rig. Lots of kills, I have made many post about it, for me it’s been a game changer. Light enough to walk around with. Accurate enough from an over watch position to take small pests to 60 yards.

Reactions: jgg765