Ten Dimes Challenge

I'm still plugging away at this model 48, JSB 15.89gr pellets.

3049d0020706e3c5da35c64e350632dc.jpg

Reactions: OldSpook
"1BadDart"I'm still plugging away at this model 48, JSB 15.89gr pellets.

3049d0020706e3c5da35c64e350632dc.jpg
Man, you are getting close. Looks like only 4 fliers on that page! Every one of those fliers is high by about 2 or 3 moa. Whatever is causing them it is consistent. When you load the pellets take time to FEEL how the pellet seats. I think you will find the ones that are shooting high will feel loose while you are loading them. Also watch the skirts on those JSBs, they are easily damaged. I use a small metal ball to ensure that the skirt is nice and round before I load the pellet. You are really close to shooting ten dime sized groups.

Oldspook, all of these JSB pellets seem loose. Thanks for the ball bearing tip, I'm just pulling them from the tin and shooting them.

Windmill01, the flyers came in different shots in the group, my concentration wanders off and does other things from time to time.

Thanks guy's. If I live long enough I'll get this thing figured out, maybe.

Not bad windmill01...not bad at all...just steady up with a pint or two of ale first? May try that myself? I'm on the 2nd week of the 6-week Air Rifle & Pistol Target Shooter's Group challenge on Facebook. Three Gamo targets, 3 shots each. Same rifle every week, but scope and pellet can be changed if gone south or not working. The Optima 3-9x32 scope I had on my 160 Pellgun fubar'd the adjusters, and wouldn't hold zero. Still got 26/30, 27/30 & 26/30 for last week's. so I swapped on the Centerpoint 4x32 off the Optimus I bought for my son. Now if my boys weren't friggin' sleepin' all day...

@Windmill01, I've actually packed away my springers as of yesterday because we are in crunch-time for our move. The actual moving date for the furnishings is next Thursday so now I have to pour all of my energy into packing and doing all the "pre-move moving" that always comes with a new house. Topping it off is our intention to downsize from over 3500 sq ft to a little less than 2300 sq ft. Needless to say packing is even more of a challenge when you are simultaneously trying to sort through "keepers" versus "let-it-go" items.

The moly paste did arrive (today) but, alas, it too must sit on the shelf until the worst of the move is done.

Howzabout a NINE dimes challenge? The target on the lower right got away from me...it cut the dime, but can't be covered by it. I was just trying out a tight vs relaxed barrel pivot on my R9, and after four good targets decided to go for it. The shot @ 2:00 on #2 was a pre-existing shot, and the two center targets are sighters of course. Don't know if you can make them out, but 8 of those targets are well under a dime. Lub me some Beeman...