• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Temporary Insanity! 💥

To think, I almost sold this air rifle....

What was I thinking? 🙄🙄😆

315AC4D3-CE0D-49BB-A859-1C36FAFF1DCE.jpeg
6A4DF7ED-B00F-4458-B85C-38BE0837042D.jpeg
F013E9AF-A1DC-4FB1-BB0F-82F5A6486924.jpeg

There's no doubt the Veterans are great shooters. I resisted getting one for the longest time but gave in a tried them out a couple of years ago when they released the laminate stocks and they were every bit the performer everyone raves about. The Standard size was a very nice fit for me and was easy to maneuver. I didn't keep my Veterans for very long mostly due to the rear cocking and the lower shot count (compared to my bottle guns).

FWIW, I'm not trying to start up yet another debate about the Veteran's rear cocking lever . . . since I had forward cocking rifles that were as accurate, I saw no point in keeping a rear cocker. There's such a loyal following for the Veteran despite its rear cocking lever due how well those things shoot.

Like I said…….that rear cocking lever is easily overlooked! It’s just such a reliable platform. Mine keeps it’s POI forever. I really thought this was it though, figured you’d sell it for realz.

How long before the FX is all done?
I thought it was gone too. I feel I made a generous offer to the potential buyer. Seems he had something else in mind? Anyway, it gave me a chance to pull the Vet out and shoot it again. Once I pulled the trigger for the second shot and it was touching the first hole shot, I realized that this gun was NOT meant to leave my possession. Not yet anyway.

Waiting on the machine shop at work to finish the new barrel. They are short handed and gave me a time around Christmas for completion. I'll either epoxy a carbon fiber sleeve over the new barrel or cerakote it. It's not blued so I'll have to do something to it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. It's nothing major but it should be noticeably improved AS LONG AS the new barrel shoots well. 🤞🤞🤞

There's no doubt the Veterans are great shooters. I resisted getting one for the longest time but gave in a tried them out a couple of years ago when they released the laminate stocks and they were every bit the performer everyone raves about. The Standard size was a very nice fit for me and was easy to maneuver. I didn't keep my Veterans for very long mostly due to the rear cocking and the lower shot count (compared to my bottle guns).

FWIW, I'm not trying to start up yet another debate about the Veteran's rear cocking lever . . . since I had forward cocking rifles that were as accurate, I saw no point in keeping a rear cocker. There's such a loyal following for the Veteran despite its rear cocking lever due how well those things shoot.
I totally understand about the rear cocking. If I hadn't started out with forward side cockers to begin with I imagine that the rear cocking of the Taipan wouldn't be an issue. It's certainly functional and the rest of the gun more then makes up for it but still...... 😱😎

Last edited:
Reactions: yenniedn
What speed are you pushing the 18s at. Have the same gun in tobacco stock.
I don't know at this time. I was experimenting a few months back working it at lower velocities and dialed it back up using accuracy as my guide. Once the groups tightened up I left it there and didn't chrony it. My previous setting was in the 890-910 fps but I can't say that's where it's set currently.