Tell me what you guys think .

The Wolverine .22 bolt action was my first high end pcp. Sold it and that was a mistake. All though I do have first right of refusal when the young lady wants to sell it. But when I talk to her I do not see a sale in the future at all. Had all the power I required, (Not the HP edition). Was pesting out to 40 yards. Very quiet. Never had a POI issue. Had a Aztec on it (when they first came out). Only 1 woodchuck. The rest was squirrels and chippers. But a ton of them. Once I tried the jsb 18.13 I never used anything else. Shouldered very nicley. Check rest was perfect for me. Unregulated, but the sweet spot was good for about 50 shots I believe. And was the most handsome airrifle I ever owned.

Bench rest.....
Then I strongly recommend a RAW HM1000x. It's a bit cheaper than Daystate, American made and has a real barrel - awsum shooter designed for benchrest. The Chassis model is a bit cheaper than the wood stock version. If you go this route, DON'T MESS WITH THE FACTORY TUNE! The 22 version is tuned for the JSB redesign 25 grain and the 25 cal version for the 34 grain. Look it up on Utah Airguns.

Hey guys....Im In the market for a high end pcp , I have my eye on the Daystate Wolverine R HP .22 walnut stock , Is there a better gun for the $$$ out there ?

Daystate.............
Have you heard that the third time is the charm? Sorry there will be no third time.
If you do not have something good to say, say nothing at all. I violate this with Daystate also.

I have had two Daystate Wolverines and although they are well balanced, have fantastic triggers and are laser accurate out to 80 yards, beyond that a great many other air rifles are more accurate.

Neither of mine would shoot accurate at 100 yards and beyond. They are simply not 100 yard guns. Go do a search on YouTube for Daystate accuracy at 100 yards. You will not find any as there is no 100 yard accuracy to brag about.

The new Daystates have stepped back in time also, there is no longer any means to prevent double feed or loading with their new and improved magazine. You can now double feed them all.

I was not impressed. I still have that sour taste you get from disappointment in gun ownership with Daystate.

I also own my favorite PCP of all time, it is a Mark One, FX Crown and is a joy to own and shoot. It is also well balanced, has a perfect trigger and on a calm day with sorted pellets will consistently and with repeatable results shoot one inch or less at 100 yards. It has had one leak at the fill port over 8 years and has been reliable always. I also put a new and improved regulator in it around six years of age when the old one wore out and got stuck. This rifle has been used, I used to put a 500 tin of JSB through it weekly. No telling how many times it has been shot.

I mostly shoot springers now, the Crown is the only PCP I still own. Over the years it survived where as all the others were sold . Recently I rarely shoot it, as I find the challenge and sense of accomplishment more fun with springers.

Just a perspective of an old farts gun ownership over the years. I was not and I am still not impressed with Daystate. My HW97 will shoot a 1.5 inch group at 100 yards, neither Daystate could do that. More in the line of a 2.5 to 3 inch group was average.

On the competitive side of the equation, very seldom do you see Daystate win. There is a reason for that, they are not long range guns.

Cheers
Kit

Reactions: rsfrid
Use to own a .22 wolverine R HiLite months ago. It's not the HP version you're asking about but I can say the feel might be the same. The wolverine was very accurate, the trigger was awesome, the sidelever was silky smooth but I couldn't get use to the fat pistol grip. You could shoot it thumb up but I couldn't get use to this way if shooting. This was the reason I got rid of it