• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Teds latest

Easiest way to "true up" Chairgun/Strelok Pro POI predictions when shooting at faster speed(when compared to predictions when shooting a slower speed) would have been to re-verify scope height info(by shooting a closer-than-zero target and comparing Chairgun predicted POI to actual) and then adjust his scope height, instead of adjusting BC THAT much.

I discovered a long time ago that you can gain bc with the right tune. I believe a lot of his gain is because his slugs are now leaving the barrel more true and with less vibration. Any added vibration makes the profile of the slug grow which causes more drag.
This would explain why advertised bc can vary from airgun to airgun with the same projectile.
He probably had a good tune before but after bumping the speed up some now has a great tune and his slugs are flying more efficiently.
I'm not saying that getting closer to sonic speeds doesn't have an effect either, just sharing my experience with tuning and POI at long range.

Ted says in his video that the M3 rifle is the way it comes from the manufacturer. I find that hard to believe. Did he add a slug kit? That barrel liner with a 1-14 twist isn't stock, is it? I feel that if you want a rifle to shoot HP slugs, you should be able to purchase one with that option, rather than buying hundreds of dollars in aftermarket parts to achieve that. Adjustability is one thing, but it has limits.

Ted says in his video that the M3 rifle is the way it comes from the manufacturer. I find that hard to believe. Did he add a slug kit? That barrel liner with a 1-14 twist isn't stock, is it? I feel that if you want a rifle to shoot HP slugs, you should be able to purchase one with that option, rather than buying hundreds of dollars in aftermarket parts to achieve that. Adjustability is one thing, but it has limits.
He has the 800mm I think which is 1-14, maybe stock if you buy it in that'll configuration.

Reactions: countymm
So true! You end up spending an additional $500 or more to get the tension, slug power, slug liner and even a backbone or saber product. After the additional additions your M3 really cost you close to $3000 or more.
I love my M3 and after giving up on waiting for parts for the .357 have changed it over to .30 caliber and enjoying it again. I did order the new 30moa backbone for extra rigidity.