Ted's Impact Review has landed

"Jumbles72"Do you think he has the scope mounted so high above the barrel for shooting longer ranges, just to line up with his eye when shouldered or some other reason?

I always thought the closer to the bore line the better.

Jumbles
Have you seen the setup he used at the Pyramyd Cup? It must be 6" above the bore. Maybe he'll chime in to explain the logic. 

ztirffritz
"Jumbles72"Do you think he has the scope mounted so high above the barrel for shooting longer ranges, just to line up with his eye when shouldered or some other reason?

I always thought the closer to the bore line the better.

Jumbles
Have you seen the setup he used at the Pyramyd Cup? It must be 6" above the bore. Maybe he'll chime in to explain the logic. 

He already has. If i recall correctly, that setup was so he could load the next pellet without taking his eye off the target.

I would think as along as you know the trajectory of your round and the height of your scope, then you fall back to the simple chairgun app. You won't have as much adjustment left in the scope if those are not moa bases. I have read that scopes don't have enough adjustment if the rings are too high in some aspects. Not an expert on this at all so take that with a flake off a salt lick. 

"bowhuntr5"No doubt these Impacts are the real deal, thanks to ole Teddy for pointing some fine details of the gun. After 2 trips back to AOA for leak problems, I agree with Ted, this is one of or the most accurate airgun I have owned and I especially love my .30 barrel. Now I'm really wanting the new barrel and shroud!
what kind of leak problems did you have?

and how difficult was it for them to repair it?

I have one on order.

apparently some of the orings supplied with guns were lower quality and were giving problems... My friends did the same things, would leak down to 150 bar overnight. AOA has the new orings and completely put new ones everywhere, same with my buddies.. Both are now holding air and shooting great. 
On another note, when I shoot my .30 barrel retracted, the shot makes is extend to full length. It doesn't do it on my .25... Any suggestions

"TexasSteve"Yep, I'd use shorter mounts, Ted's probably just like the rest of us, use what you got laying around until you bite the bullet and pay to order yet another $50 worth of airgun accessories. Tell the kids those new shoes can wait!
i do believe he is using the "no limits mounts" so he had to add a reverse adapter weaver to dovetail or something like that.