Ted can you help a fellow airgunner out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just shot a full string on my heavily modded .25 impact that I haven't done before just to prove a point that a custom/modded impact can shoot 70 to over 100+ shots on a fill.
setting:
500cc bottle
250B to 105b fill
reg pressure 125b
power wheel on max no slack
Valve stem adjustment--not used, unscrewed all the way forward to the oring.
34g MK2
high 863fps
low 848
# shots 101

Ted may have shot 70--75 shots per fill, but the real concern here is the owner the end user that was miss led --- the main reason for most for buying the impact was the shot count. 

as a tuner I answer a lot email for tech support on the impact, and had a few complain about the low shot count. and when I tuned and tell the results to the owner they expected more shots than what they had before the tune and the name Ted comes to view ---- well he gets so many shots!!

I tell them he's not shooting a retail impact, a custom impact to be competitive in competitions. 

So I know how Frank feels and many impact owners

the extra regulator tube where the gauge 
screw on, enable me to shoot at a higher speed, maintain a lower reg pressure and when off the reg I can maintain speed till 105b.
if you been following my impact treads --- I posted all the spec how to get this much shot count.

"ackuric"I don't like Ted nor his lack of transparency...secrets need not be kept in a community of less than 1% of human population, where 99% of the world couldn't care less about the information. 

With that said...

I can achieve 32 shots @ 53 FPE out of a 190 cc tank with a plenum of around 30 cc's....there's no secret sauce / moon shine involved...

190/32 = 5.9 cc per shot.....

480/6 (rounded up) = 80....

Is this forum really that dense to think this shot count is not possible? I am achieving the same #'s on a mildly worked marauder...its not even that impressive either....Oh and he fills to 250 bar? LOL I only filled to 220-230 bar for 32 shots out of 190 cc's of HPA...
What is this? Someone has information, and is subjected to derision for not sharing it? As if it's somehow others' right to know? That's....astonishing.

Ted is a competitor, and has openly stated that he withholds some information rather than give away an edge to the competition. He's given more to the community than just about anyone I have observed in the last year. I can't possibly imagine the mind set of the individual that impugns a competitive shooter for not giving away ALL of his secrets. 

More power to Ted.

After some of the posts I've read here and this "calling out" nonsense, I would not blame him if he never said a word about his shot count. If I were him I'd just keep kicking butt in the competitions and let my score cards be the answer to this rudeness. 

Reactions: MoeHofer
I think on cf tanks there is a 3 to 1 bursting pressure.
working 250bar burst 750bar or something like that so is it possible to be filling to 300 bar to attain the high shot count?
I know on certain airpacks it's a 3to1
4500psi working and a 13500psi burst rating of sorts.
I did have a set of scuba tanks that for the first couple of years the dive shop would over fill them 10 or 20 percent instead of getting 3000 psi they would fill to 3200 or 3400 psi.
On a non regulated gun may not work out so well but on a regulated gun it should extend shot count.
I'm not suggesting anyone over fill their tanks by any means as it could be dangerous.
Just a theory as to why his shot count is higher than others.
I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw it out there.
Thanks

Ernest, this might be a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. If your Impact's velocity doesn't change for another 20 bar after if comes off the regulator wouldn't it make sense to lower the reg pressure from 125 bar to 105 bar? In my feeble brain it seems like it would use less air and deliver even more shots with no change in velocity. 

"Frank2533"This started out as a simple how do you do it ted? Everyone comes in here and acts like its so wrong. Its a sinple question folks. Stop getting your feelings hurt you dont even have an impact. All the rest of you do is enable ted. Look i paid money for my impact. I watch teds videos if it werent for him i wouldnt be in the airgun world. I just want my impact to get 75 shots on a fill hes the guy to ask since he seems to be the only one to do it. So stop getting so bent outta shape you look like fools. No wonder why ted got outta here. You cant have a simple question withouy people blowing it outta proportion. Im noy crying that ted has the most accurate gun or any of that crap. My impact shoots just as good as his all day long. ALL I WANT IS TO KNOW HOW HE GETS 75 SHOTS!!! Lets alll calm down here guys and stop trying to start stuff.
No it didn't start out that way at all. It started out with an abrasively worded "calling out" OP. The first respondent who suggested simply asking for the 75 shot solution rather than "calling out" Ted was himself chided by you for having gotten his feelings hurt..."bro".

Changing the title thread post facto in an attempt to walk back the smack talk has fooled no one.

Shooting is a whole lot like any other sport that requires a machine as part of the competition. Do you think the NASCAR or open wheel racers shared their discoveries (way back when) with the other teams? They figured stuff out by trial and error. It is also a lot like baking. I can pass along the list of things I used to make cookies or a cake, but unless you also know the techniques I used to make them, you'll just end up with a crappy lump of dough. A gun-tuner or Ted or Mr.X could pass along the mods on how to get 75 shots, but without the techniques to do it, you're not making much happen.

And remember, just like in any competition where lessons learned are part of winning, don't expect competitors to share their discoveries openly when they are still competing.

Now I don't own an Impact, but the original title garnered a lot of interest, conversation, and even ruffled some feathers. I think that's good for the community. Frankly I would have kept the title and had the post read very clear and respectful Inquiries (not saying anyone or anything was disrespectful, just that obviously some took offense. 

Look you guys can cry about it all you want. Ted if your a man just answer my question. If you cant get 75 shots with a stock impact then leave it as it is and dont reply. If you can do this then tell us how. For the rest of you who keep getting your feelings hurt go take a long walk off a short bridge.

This will be the next guys response.

Ted doesnt owe you nothing. Hes the man if he dont want to tell you his secrets he dont have to. Blah blah blah thanks cant wait for it ik its coming lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.