• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Ted can you help a fellow airgunner out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND if everyone uses the same pellet measuring and sorting device, the LEAD HEAD and a good digital scale and practice practice practice it will TOTALLY level the playing field and this is not necessarily needing to use an FX Impact, First of all the gun needs to be tethered to tank with an adjustable regulated output to experiment what exact pressure your particular gun likes then set your regulator to that. When it comes to velocity lower is good ranging anywhere between 790-880fps.
AJ 

So I'm new to this game. Blew through $1200.00 bucks. Made a mistake with the gun I bought. Did the same thing when I shot trap. Then after two guns and $5000.00 In reloading equipment, training @ 500 targets a week? I got pretty good, I'm in the record books. Not the best? but in there. I trained, so does Ted, I don't know how one practices anything or why?

I bet he just squeezes the trigger slower........ 

tumblr_o14by4ZTg61r9s5p2o1_250.gif

"Frank2533"How does your impact get 70-75 shots with the 34 grainers. My gun is being tuned by earnest. He has it at 845-850 Its getting 40 shots on the reg. Ernest just text me with shot count. I would love to know what you do to get such high shot count.
40 shots at that speed is very poor..
Few people know that overtensioning the hammer spring of any FX airgun can actually decrease speed and increase air consumption.
I have lowered the reg. pressure of my (originally 30 cal.) Impact with .25 barrel to 140 bar, and I get over 900fps and over 50 shots at that speed.
however, my gun shoots better at HST setting 4, valve control at WOT (4 lines) which gives me 873fps and even more shots.
I also experimented with 160 bar reg pressure, but the speeds actually were lower than at 140 bar. The hammer weight is the limiting factor at that reg. pressure, it seems to get difficulties to knock the valve open.

AFAIK Ted was indeed shooting it less hot, and I believe him saying that he gets 75 shots on a fill.
I've chatted with him for over an hour at the last IWA messe in Germany, and he is a true gentleman, honest and down to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.