• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ted can you help a fellow airgunner out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"BayStYat"I get 89.7 shots with my .25 cricket. I had a regulator and snife pin reworked. That made all the difference. Also I had the 2 seems redone with fluxem. I could not be happier. 

Man your redirecting the tread, my head is spinning with that 89 shots, I have lost count in how many .25 cricket I tuned --- I say over a 100+, that 89 shot i haven't seen before at 880 fps with 25g most t I seen around 55 -60 shots, not 34g at an average with out an extension tube at the rear 40-45 shots at 845 fps that's with a lot of mods to get it to shoot that fast.

Ok let's stay with the impact time line. Let see the big pictures here-- anytime you go faster then factory speed the 1st thing you will notice is the shot count will go down and you can't have both -- so ask your self do I want power or shot count or maybe both --- that said slower the speed.

"Goodtogo"This thread reminds me of when I would fish some bigger fishing tournaments and before we came in to the weight in with a big bad of fish we could change all the lures to something we were not using.(I'm sure some of the smart ol' boys knew we could have put all of our rods in the rod box if we wanted too)
I don't care how many shots Ted gets in a fill up and I'm sure there are many things going on in Ted's rifle that he is not going to tell us about. But it is a puzzle that many many of the other shooters would like to know. If I was Ted I would put out some misdirection to let the other shooters worry about things that don't really matter. ;)
Pretty good comparison. Yeah ted def doesnt get the same stuff you and I can get. Wish it was possible to know all the details with his gun.

Im getting 42 - 44 shots from a PT Cricket shooting 63 fpe on a 250 bar fill. The 480 cc tank on Teds Impact holds close to double the amount of air as a 25 Cricket tube. Charlie at Georgia Airgun told me he had a few PT Crickets(60+ fpe) that were getting 48 - 50 shots on a 250 bar fill. I would be willing to bet money Teds Impact is getting 70 - 75 shots on a 250 bar fill shooting 52 - 54 fpe.

So many Ted haters and non believers out there. The man is an awesome shot(EBR Champ 2016) and does a fantastic job on his you-tube channel. He is one of the biggest advocates in our community and has helped our airgun world grow. For those worried he gets special guns or equipment STOP whining. If you owned an airgun company you would make sure he had the best because he is representing you at the biggest airgun competitions in the world.

One offs? Get real.. FX wants to sell guns not make one offs for Ted. Ted consistently beats or holds his own against the best shooters in the world. Only an idiot would bash Ted. No my bad, only an idiot or jealousy would cause someone to bash a guy helping their community.

Reactions: CampFussell
I don't like Ted nor his lack of transparency...secrets need not be kept in a community of less than 1% of human population, where 99% of the world couldn't care less about the information. 

With that said...

I can achieve 32 shots @ 53 FPE out of a 190 cc tank with a plenum of around 30 cc's....there's no secret sauce / moon shine involved...

190/32 = 5.9 cc per shot.....

480/6 (rounded up) = 80....

Is this forum really that dense to think this shot count is not possible? I am achieving the same #'s on a mildly worked marauder...its not even that impressive either....Oh and he fills to 250 bar? LOL I only filled to 220-230 bar for 32 shots out of 190 cc's of HPA...

"ackuric"I don't like Ted nor his lack of transparency...secrets need not be kept in a community of less than 1% of human population, where 99% of the world couldn't care less about the information. 

With that said...

I can achieve 32 shots @ 53 FPE out of a 190 cc tank with a plenum of around 30 cc's....there's no secret sauce / moon shine involved...

190/32 = 5.9 cc per shot.....

480/6 (rounded up) = 80....

Is this forum really that dense to think this shot count is not possible? I am achieving the same #'s on a mildly worked marauder...its not even that impressive either....Oh and he fills to 250 bar? LOL I only filled to 220-230 bar for 32 shots out of 190 cc's of HPA...
I am curious, what does Ted owe you or anyone for that matter? The dude obviously put in his time and research now adults crying because he has something they don't.

MODEDIT: removed insults 

Ted's online personality, dedication, professionalism, skill and knowledge inspires most airgunners. I'm gratefully for all he has chosen to share. He and the industry has grown together. I wish Ted and his family health, success and happiness....and fewer airplanes overhead.
An error discovered or perceived, without proof or intent to deceive, is just that. Let those without error, and those with many negative accuracy responses cast the first stone....if that makes you happy and successful.
I think Ted would be a great neighbor....but I could be wrong......

I have no dog in this fight but I do know how business shilling works. I do tend to trust the judgement of someone who tunes hundreds of guns vs someone who represents a "larger force". I have no idea if Teddie gets this high a shot count or not but do know one thing...all I've heard are crickets, and not the airgun Crickets. If a man is called out he can show up to the party or sit this one out. But my, oh my would it hoist FX to higher levels if Ted could prove Frank and Ernest wrong. Then again, if only crickets are heard...let's just say it leads to doubt.

Please don't erase my post. I did not flame anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.